Notices

CAT C/D Repaired

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2005, 08:05 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAT C/D Repaired

Can anyone tell me how to get a car registered again, once a cat d/c damaged car has been repaired.

Thanks

Cookie
Old 19 August 2005, 08:34 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

if its a damaged repairable it should already have the paperwork with it on purchase..................simply register your name in the usual way...........
Old 19 August 2005, 08:57 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

So is the car actually examined before its allowed on the road?

Just asking cos i might buy a fiesta that has so slight damage, the car would not be unsafe at all, but for insurance purposes it would be a write off.
Old 19 August 2005, 12:33 PM
Darren@JDM
Former Sponsor

Default Damaged

Does the car have a claim against it and do you have the V5 logbook for the car if not you will probly need a VIC check
Old 19 August 2005, 02:52 PM
wisecobandit
Scooby Regular

Cat C will need to be inspected etc before they release all the relevant documentation.
Cat D as far as i can remember is ok.

Just remember though that now all "cat grades" are listed on the logbook which will reduce the secondhand value/price.
Old 19 August 2005, 09:03 PM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wisecobandit
Cat C will need to be inspected etc before they release all the relevant documentation.
Cat D as far as i can remember is ok.

Just remember though that now all "cat grades" are listed on the logbook which will reduce the secondhand value/price.
not strictly true

I bought a Cat C written off mr2 turbo. I done an HPI check on it before I bought it and it showed it was written off. I got the log book with the car when I bought it and there is nothing on the log book stating its been written off.

From the info I gathered Cat D shouldnt need a VIC check, just moted, cat c is suppose to get a vic check done although some people say if you got the v5 with the car then it shouldnt need it. I have been stopped a few times in the car by the police and they have done a check on the car and I am still on the road even though I have not had a vic check done.

I would recommend buying a damaged car. You mostly get a lot of car for your money.

My mr2 was mint condition with only 48,000 miles on the clock it just had a big dent in one side !
Old 20 August 2005, 12:58 AM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

cat c means nothing , apart from the insurance company did not want to pay the repair cost if you repair a cat C car you dont have to do anthing just put on the road as a normal car, the only ting that might happen is you might get a visit from the local police force to check that the repairs were done correctly PMSFL