Notices

Ignition Problems!!

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2005, 07:05 PM
Gav1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Start up Problems!!

Guys, not been around for a while due to new job etc..

Anyway, got problems with the scoob and i'm hoping some of you can help.....pleeease.

Plenty of juice in the battery ( lights working, stereo working etc..), loads of petrol in the tank but the damn thing just won't start!! Ignition turns over and gets to the point where the engine is just about to fire up and then it dies, no splutter no nothing it just won't kick in.

Anybody got any ideas, before i get "costafortune recovery" to take it to the garage for me??

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gav.

Ps. This problem appears to be intermittent as it did the same thing yesterday for the majority of the day and then suddenly out of the blue it fired up first try and run fine, no misfiring or hesitating or anything. Then when i stopped it, it refused to play again.
Again, today it refused for most of the day, then started out of the blue and now it refuses to start again. gggrrrhhh.

Last edited by Gav1; 10 August 2005 at 07:14 PM.
Old 13 August 2005, 07:14 PM
Gav1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gav1
Guys, not been around for a while due to new job etc..

Anyway, got problems with the scoob and i'm hoping some of you can help.....pleeease.

Plenty of juice in the battery ( lights working, stereo working etc..), loads of petrol in the tank but the damn thing just won't start!! Ignition turns over and gets to the point where the engine is just about to fire up and then it dies, no splutter no nothing it just won't kick in.

Anybody got any ideas, before i get "costafortune recovery" to take it to the garage for me??

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gav.

Ps. This problem appears to be intermittent as it did the same thing yesterday for the majority of the day and then suddenly out of the blue it fired up first try and run fine, no misfiring or hesitating or anything. Then when i stopped it, it refused to play again.
Again, today it refused for most of the day, then started out of the blue and now it refuses to start again. gggrrrhhh.
The usual suspect!!

Dodgy block connection on the fuel pump wiring...found under the back seat.

Connector had melted inside and was arcing,thus the fuel pump was not priming and the car would not start up.

Ten minutes to sort out, running sweet as a nut again now.

Gav.