Notices

fuel leak or fse playing up

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2005, 12:33 PM
catalunya199again
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel leak or fse playing up

i have had the smell of petrol now for a while but it seems to come in different strengths. last night when i was leaving work the smell was over welming i checked the fse and it was on 3.4 at idle and i sniffed at the front the engine between the radiator and fans and it seemed to be coming from there are there any fuel lines in this area?

going tback the fse other days it sits at 3.1 or 3.2 on idle has anyone had any trouble with these fluctuating before cause the screw and nut to adjust are dead tight. i am running the apexi and pavlo did the remap and he said it wasnt over fuelling when he finished with it so where is the main area that this could be coming from, its just odd how some days its really bad but otheres it seems to be fine
Old 26 July 2005, 02:23 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

the fuel tank breather pipe comes down the left hand wing under the inlet manifold and into the carbon canister behind the radiator on the drivers side.

Beacause I junked the carbon cannister on mine the breater hose now stops under the fuel filter and I've poked the end into the chassis rail.

My FSE gauge will change pressure depending on atmospheric conditions and idle speed.
As long as it is left alone after mapping then it will stay intune with the map that it's run on.

Some days I get a waft of fuel, some days I dont.

Andy
Old 26 July 2005, 02:30 PM
catalunya199again
Scooby Regular

the fuel tank breather pipe comes down the left hand wing under the inlet manifold and into the carbon canister behind the radiator on the drivers side.

Beacause I junked the carbon cannister on mine the breater hose now stops under the fuel filter and I've poked the end into the chassis rail.

how does that work removing the cannister and sticking it in the chassis rail is this easily done by a garage and does it have any affects like needs another remap. have you heard of a fuel leak in this area before and are these cannisters prone to leaking

thanks for the help dave
Old 26 July 2005, 02:37 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

I didn't remove the canister because it was leaking, I removed it because I'd also removed the breather system pipes in the sytem.
I went to VTA type breathers junking both the one way valve and the control solenoid in/on the back of the inlet manifold.

2 years on and no fuel leaks yet.

Breather problems yea, but not fuel.

Andy
Old 26 July 2005, 03:30 PM
catalunya199again
Scooby Regular

how much do they cost and do they do anything different
Old 26 July 2005, 07:16 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular