Notices

Exhaust back box compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2005, 08:47 PM
Mike Tonner
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust back box compatibility

I need to fit a new back box and have had the offer of a little used one from a WRX. Does anyone know if this will be OK on my car?

Mine is a UK spec. MY2000 Sportshatch. I've been told that the exhaust will fit WRX 2001 onwards and has OMMFE1 stamped on it. I had a quick look at my back box and it looks very similar (i.e. twin pipes, similar position for hooks etc.).

I could fit this and run it until I renew the insurance.

I'd actually like to fit a stainless exhaust but current insurance company seem to be very picky about fitting anything non-standard. i.e. They want to know in advance and may not allow it to be fitted at all or will charge an unspecified amount to allow it to be fitted. They don't like anything that will improve performance or make the car more desirable (perhaps I could get cheaper insurance exhaust by fitting LADA badges?).
Everything seems to be a problem with them so NEVER going near this company again.

WRX box doesn't look any different and is a Subaru part so insurance company shouldn't complain. Just as long as it fits and doesn't 'seem' to give any performance improvement.

Last edited by Mike Tonner; 19 July 2005 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Correction to detail + additional part no.