Notices

HELP!!! Noise coming from car?!!

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2005, 08:15 AM
h8nsk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP!!! Noise coming from car?!!

Hi guys, thought I would give scoobynet a try before going to the dealer, my car is a WRX Impreza on a 51 plate & has covered 49,000 miles I have become aware of a mechanical noise crossed between a single tick/knock sound coming from NSF wheel area upon initial moderate acceleration or lift-off in any gear ( Forw. or Rev.), however when the car is supported on a four post ramp no movement can be detected in either the suspension or any where else obvious, I even tryed take-off & lift-off with the car suspended and nothing, so is a load bearing problem. I have replaced the wheel bearing only 4-5 months ago so its not that. I would greatly appreciate any ideas/experience you guys might have. Many thanks in advance, Hans.
Old 28 June 2005, 10:26 AM
JPS3290
Scooby Regular

With the car on the ground stationary does it make the noise when revved or only when you actually drive the car?

If it does it stationary see if it does it with the clutch pressed down.

Mine started making a similar noise when revved up, now does it when idling. If i press the clutch in it goes. Mines a knackered clutch release bearing.
Old 28 June 2005, 12:26 PM
h8nsk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JPS3290
With the car on the ground stationary does it make the noise when revved or only when you actually drive the car?

If it does it stationary see if it does it with the clutch pressed down.

Mine started making a similar noise when revved up, now does it when idling. If i press the clutch in it goes. Mines a knackered clutch release bearing.
It does it only when on the move I think! I will check that though. Cheers. P.S. Wow this site moves quick!!!!!!