Notices

Dumpvalve setup advice

Search this Thread

Old 23 June 2005, 05:37 PM
scoobyboy34
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumpvalve setup advice

I'm running a MY94 STi import with a bailey DV and K&N Induction kit amoung other mods. The sound from the dumpvalve was never really loud enough, just a light woosh at high boost. After changing the spring in it to lighter ones and stronger ones, this made no real effect. There's always been more resonance noise coming from the induction between gear changes. I decided to buy another dump valve, this was a much more substantial unit, bigger than the bailey and has a trumpet. The spring feels much stronger in this unit. Item description when i bought it was "very loud".

I fitted this, but it still has no effect, does basicly the same as the bailey did, with a light whooosh, and more resonance noise coming from the induction kit.

There's a blanking plug on the induction side where the recirculating valve used to fit, and the DV is fitted on the pipe into the intercooler. I can't see no splits in the pipe, and the vacuum hose is fitted correctly.

So does anyone know whats wrong with this set up? Everything seems to be fitted right, but I'm not getting the classic dumping sound.
Old 24 June 2005, 11:18 AM
scoobyboy34
Scooby Regular

Any dump valve experts out there???
Old 12 July 2005, 09:41 PM
mikemattalbot
Scooby Newbie

i am having the same problem with my baileys dump valve can anyone shed some light on this please.
Old 12 July 2005, 09:53 PM
HHH
Scooby Newbie

My mate had the same prob, if you can call it that. He told me that his Bailey's DV was a lot louder before he put an induction kit on. Have you tried reverting back to the oe air box set up? The DV may sound louder but dont know if there will any real performance gains either way.
Old 12 July 2005, 10:03 PM
willfal
Scooby Regular

HHH, you are correct mate, get the standard airbox back on and fire in a pannel filter, your dump valve will then sound the way you want it to. loud with the same nosie over and over again.

Will
Old 12 July 2005, 11:12 PM
scoobyboy34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by willfal
HHH, you are correct mate, get the standard airbox back on and fire in a pannel filter, your dump valve will then sound the way you want it to. loud with the same nosie over and over again.

Will
So why are there some cars out there the same model year as mine with an induction kit and DV, and they get the classic dumping sound? I couldn't revert back to the standard airbox even if i wanted too, I have an intercooler water spray bottle and pump where the standard airbox use to live, unless i re-fitted it in the boot!!