CEL Light plus fan running 24/7 HELP

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2005, 08:48 AM
Smilbertilgy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy CEL Light plus fan running 24/7 HELP

Hi All,

I'm begining to think that MY94 WRX's aren't all there made out to be, i also think that the old jap boys filled them with little tiny gremlins that can tell when you low on cash and then give you more elecy faults.....

Right to the the point, i left the car in the garage overnight at a friends house when i went to collect it the fan was on all the time followed by the CEL all the time, the car will now not start very well and also stinks of fuel, is this a temp sensor gone like on vauxhalls were the car just shoes loads of fuel through...

I'm lost, and now have a lovely WRX that's about as good as a garden knome, please could someone advise me on what actions to take.......

Thanx All, any advise is good advise.
Old 13 June 2005, 03:02 PM
Belmondo
Scooby Regular

Talking

Does sound like the water temp sensor. Do an error code check. If its 21 thats your problem. Its a DIY job to change if you have small hands. Graham Goode do mail order for the part around £20.
Old 14 June 2005, 03:28 PM
Smilbertilgy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Cheers mate, i've done an cel check and 21 comes up....

thanx again.... better get one ordered
Old 15 June 2005, 06:41 PM
Smilbertilgy
Scooby Regular

Question More dame CEL faults

After speaking to scoobyclinic they suggested ECU reset and take stock of true current faults, cheers lads works a treat......

Only problem is the little problem that after doing a ECU reset the codes 21 & 22 showed up . After a disscuaion with andy @ SC code 21 is was expecting not code 22 from just driving slowly around under 3000rpm for like 20mins.

21 - Temp. Sensor & 22 - Knock Sensor

I've changed the temp sensor today and have just left the car to reset now.... i'm going to take the car out again in a while to see if it clears the 21 code but whats the cause of the knock????

Would a badly install dump valve rattling around cause a false reading or could the fact the car tops out at 1.8 bar of boost....HELP PLEASE???
Old 16 June 2005, 01:02 AM
kwakman
Scooby Regular

1.8 bar??? Thats a bar over standard! So it is likely to be detting if supporting mods havent been introduced.

However, the fault code indicates the sensor is faulty, not that knock is present.
Old 16 June 2005, 07:45 PM
Smilbertilgy
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the reply, the extra boost comes from a dawes devise which was already fitted when i purchased the car....

When i went to the main dealer they said that is never the knock sensor failure, but hay what do they know, i hope thats all thats wrong now....

thanks agains

P.S Do u think i should remove the dawes and replace the standard boost controller into action....
Old 16 June 2005, 07:47 PM
Smilbertilgy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Plus, it must be faulty or i've got a seriosly bad engine as i left it idling for 20mins and the cel still showed the fault....