Notices

Identify this hose please?

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2005, 02:29 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Identify this hose please?

Was giving the car it's first thorough clean today, including the engine bay and while mopping up the excess water and wiping around the pipes and hoses noticed a hose was actually off!

Just curious as to what this hose is and what symptoms it might give if off or only just making contact (which I believe it probably was as it is clipped).

Hose comes off a pipe running in front of the intercooler - it is tee-d off by the right of the intercooler (from the front)runs parallel to the pipe it is tee-d from then at the other end of the intercooler bends 90 degrees across the top of the engine (towards the front of the car) where this hose pushes onto. No sign of it ever having a jubilee clip there so assuming it is low pressure. Hose then disappears down and looks to connect on to the intake hoses.

Assuming it is probably a crankcase breather or similar if so I doubt it would do anything much (except pollute a little more). Just wondering if it could be the cause of my mysterious intermittant boost
Old 13 June 2005, 04:19 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

No ideas then? Car is a MY02 STi - maybe mines' the only one that's got them. BTW butt Dyno said car felt better this morning but not convinced - although if it is not connected surely it is sucking air after the MAF so would be running weak?
Old 13 June 2005, 05:12 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

need a pic mate
Old 14 June 2005, 05:56 PM
scooby-k
Scooby Regular

sounds like the rocker breather pipe to me
ken
Old 15 June 2005, 04:34 PM
Midget
Scooby Regular

Hose comes off a pipe running in front of the intercooler - it is tee-d off by the right of the intercooler (from the front)runs parallel to the pipe it is tee-d from then at the other end of the intercooler bends 90 degrees across the top of the engine (towards the front of the car) where this hose pushes onto. No sign of it ever having a jubilee clip there so assuming it is low pressure. Hose then disappears down and looks to connect on to the intake hoses.

A Picture paints a thousand words !!!!!
Old 15 June 2005, 07:55 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Possibly a breather hose into inlet pipe ( but if it is it means inlet has been sucking in fresh air from engine bay through hole this pipe should be in! )