grinding noise from passenger side front of rear wheel

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2005, 06:53 PM
macker4553
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy grinding noise from passenger side front or rear wheel

hi all
bit of a problem with my 93 wrx i had new front pads and rear discs and pads fitted the other day and a day or so later on my way home from work i noticed a grinding noise coming from one of my passenger side wheels i think it may be the front but there is a possibility its the back. it sounded like a dull but repetative grinding noise and its only audible at low speed really but i think is down to my exhaust being loud. and now its really loud a few days and about 60 miles later the handling is fine and everything and it seems to dissapear if i press the brake lightly then come straght back but its a really annoying sound what could it be help please

Last edited by macker4553; 30 May 2005 at 07:08 PM.
Old 30 May 2005, 09:40 PM
JDM_Wrx
Scooby Regular

check the backing plate behind the disc on the front. if u have knocked it whilst fitting the disc, then that would cause it to rub against the disc creating the grinding noise.

cheers
Old 31 May 2005, 05:16 PM
Rally
Scooby Regular

Location: Nottingham during week, Leeds at Weekends and 5ive-o.org at night

Both of my backing plates do this now for some reason (more on left hand turns at mo), and then it just stops, and then on another journey will start again for a bit.

Just keep bending them a little at a time until to doesnt happen, nothing too scientific to it :-)
Old 31 May 2005, 11:48 PM
macker4553
Scooby Regular

i got it checked today and they said no probs also i noticed it dont do it if you press the brake pedal slightly why would it do that

Originally Posted by Rally
Both of my backing plates do this now for some reason (more on left hand turns at mo), and then it just stops, and then on another journey will start again for a bit.

Just keep bending them a little at a time until to doesnt happen, nothing too scientific to it :-)