Notices

Another boring boost question

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2005, 10:54 AM
fallwood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another boring boost question

Hi all, had my fuelling and boost levels checked on the rr friday and im a bit confused at what to run my car at. Ive just fitted an EBC so he had a play with different boost levels and according to the guy who ran it up fueling was spot on under WOT right up to 20 psi. Car is a 01 wrx , chipped, full decat magnex (inc downpipe), k&n panel, Is the danger of running boost this high mainly bad fueling or will the internals pack in anyway at this level of boost. Im running it at about 18 at the mo which feels nice but if theres extra power to be had i want it. I dont drive the car hard that often so its not like it will be thrashed to death every day.
Old 31 May 2005, 11:39 AM
fallwood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm, no replies, let me word it another way then. If my car is showing correct fueling (described by my tuning guy as mint!!) at 19-20psi with no det is it safe to run it so high on standard internals. I suspect that the previous owner had already uprated the fuel pump and maybe the injectors (still trying to confirm this) as several garages have told me standard pump and injectors wouldnt supply enough fuel at this boost level. Is detonation my primary concern or should I also be concerned about the internals and gearbox ?.

Anyone??.