Notices

TSL chargecooler

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2005, 09:07 PM
ScrappyDoo2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking TSL chargecooler

I've copied over my reply from another thread on the new kit from TSL which I just had fitted for those thinking about getting one:

Guys,

I have the TSL kit fitted to my 52 WRX and can safely say so far that the kit (although costly) is superb. As many people will know, TSL are a quality outfit and have spent a long time developing this kit (originally they worked together with Pace on their current kit). The level of testing that went into the chargecooler was incredible and the quality is top notch with Docking (Silverstone) making the aluminium parts for them.

It all looks pretty trick too with the clear coolant hoses passing the fluid around the rad to the topmount, the pump is incredible - take the top off the reservoir tank whilst in operation to see the force in action!!

Now I know from experience that many of you on hear are very technically demanding about the parts you choose for your cars and quite right you are for being that way. My point being that I can't churn out tech data for you on before intercooler/after intercooler temps vs. load vs. boost vs ambient temp etc etc. However I can say that using my PSI3 which reports intake temp the car typically saw between 4-15 deg C above outside temp in late spring weather on regular driving (blasts and normal tootling around). After the new kit on the drive home on a hot day last week (temp 27 deg C) the PSI3 quoted 27 and at one point 26. As well as that, following a post fitting 'spirited run' with Graham driving, we got back, popped the bonnet to a crackling toast cooking engine. You couldn't touch the engine as it was so hot yet the intercooler (still in the usual position) was cold to the touch.

Therefore it works.

I don't know how this compares to a FMIC in temp reduction properties but this seems damn good to me, required no bumper/cross member butchery, no lag and looks much more trick when you lift the bonnet. That was my choice, it may not be everybodies but that is the experience I have had so hope it helps those considering the kit.

Greg
Old 30 May 2005, 09:37 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

if it survives a spirited drive by graham it must be good
martin