Notices

Fitting a Nissan Z32 MAF

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2005, 09:01 AM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting a Nissan Z32 MAF

I have the above, The plug on the nissan unit is different than the Scoob one, Apart from the bore size & the plug(nissan 80mm Scoob 65mm) they appear to be the same.
Therefor could i just swap the internals (sensor etc from my scoob) so that the plug fitment is the same ??
is it just the larger bore of the nissan unit that makes the difference or does the sensor also. ??
Hope that makes sense
Thanks
Dean
Old 26 May 2005, 11:32 AM
Scoob+Bike=Fun
Scooby Regular

I would have thought that the probe will be different because of the readings, it's showing the ecu that x amount of air is coming through at a specific voltage, obviously it knows how much air because of the 65mm bore, change that to 80mm, and you will have more air, so will have to have it mapped for the new MAF.

Just my thoughts

Adam
Old 26 May 2005, 11:45 AM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoob+Bike=Fun
I would have thought that the probe will be different because of the readings, it's showing the ecu that x amount of air is coming through at a specific voltage, obviously it knows how much air because of the 65mm bore, change that to 80mm, and you will have more air, so will have to have it mapped for the new MAF.

Just my thoughts

Adam
Hi Adam,

I was thinking that myself, But i thought i had heard (or maybe dreamt) some people bore the oe units out !!!
I wonder if the plug on the unit could just be swapped !!! WIll have to speak to AndyF as it will need remapping anyhow & the reason for fitting is he said it was maxing out the Airflow meter.
Cheers
Dean
Old 29 May 2005, 11:36 AM
theotherphil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Dean, I have the same problem maxing out my MAF as well. Andy said that a remap and rescale of the Apexi will be required after fitting the new MAF. Can I enquire where you got the larger MAF from and how much you paid please?

Cheers!
Old 29 May 2005, 06:23 PM
coulty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by theotherphil
Hi Dean, I have the same problem maxing out my MAF as well. Andy said that a remap and rescale of the Apexi will be required after fitting the new MAF. Can I enquire where you got the larger MAF from and how much you paid please?

Cheers!
Yep same here!! Need the larger MAF to as andy said the same about mine maxing out.
Old 30 May 2005, 02:25 PM
Scoob+Bike=Fun
Scooby Regular

just wondering what sort of power/boost you are running for it to max out?
Old 30 May 2005, 03:10 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All you need to swap is the connector in the MAF body, you can cut the black silicon round and pop the lid off, then desolder the copper shield, desolder connector and reverse the process to reassemble.

What age is your car, the bore size is the same as the older MAFs, the housing is the same moulding except it has nissan on the side instead of subaru.

Paul
Old 31 May 2005, 11:27 AM
coulty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pavlo
All you need to swap is the connector in the MAF body, you can cut the black silicon round and pop the lid off, then desolder the copper shield, desolder connector and reverse the process to reassemble.

What age is your car, the bore size is the same as the older MAFs, the housing is the same moulding except it has nissan on the side instead of subaru.

Paul
My car is a 95 sti2 with the green label MAF. I am running about 330bhp with the same torque and this is maxing out my MAF.

Stuart
Old 01 June 2005, 06:43 PM
theotherphil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine's a MY95 UK classic. Dunno what power I am running but am using 1.25bar boost dropping to 1.2bar at the top end with supporting mods.