Notices

Retro Fitting Side Skirts / scoop on turbo bonnet, Is there a seperate fitting kit?

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2005, 11:42 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Retro Fitting Side Skirts / scoop on turbo bonnet, Is there a seperate fitting kit?

Hi,

I have a question / request (x2) for anyone who knows about retro fitting Subaru's OEM side skirts on a classic or has maybe access to the classic models EPC?

I got hold of a second hand set of skirts and I want to put them now on my non-skirted scoob.

Is there a part (fitting pack) i can buy from Subaru which contains all the bolts, gromits, clips I might need (well so i can have the bodyshop do it the subaru way)?

The bodyshop said it might be worth just bonding the skirts to my car without drilling and doing it the manufacturer way - what are your thoughts on this peeps?? As I'm not so sure its a great idea.

Also I got the wrx / sti type bonnet and seperately some 2nd hand scoop / vents to go on it, so I also need to order from Subaru whatever mounting clips I need to attach the scoop to the bonnet - so again if any kind soul on here has access to the classic circa 98/2000 EPC could list the part numbers for the scoop fitment stuff and the skirt fitmnent pack it would be AWESOME

TIA
Old 20 May 2005, 08:01 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Rang Subaru dealership to get part numbers / prices - the parts guy said I can't give you our part numbers

he did however give me prices...

-

Scoop moutings

inner duct £87.11 + vat

bolts x6 £4.3p each + vat

nuts 53p + vat

-

Skirts parts

clips - x14 clips 71p each + vat

x16 grommits @ 39p each + vat

x12 screws £3.16 each + vat

x12 gromits that screws go into £1.42 each + vat

Last edited by riiidaa; 20 May 2005 at 08:03 PM.