twin scroll conversion/inlet manifold mods for front entry turbo

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2005, 09:04 AM
sparkywrx94
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twin scroll conversion/inlet manifold mods for front entry turbo

Hi,

I am converting my 1994 wrx to a twin scroll system using a power enterprise 1825 twin scroll turbo. The main work would be to convert my inlet manifold for front entry into the turbo.

I have got a phase 1.5 inlet manifold (no throttle body) and converted fuel rails to take braided hose fittings (kindly supplied by martin (mef.) for parallel fuel mod. New header tank, 550cc injectors, turbo inlet pipe, downpipe, exhaust manifold. still need phase 1.5 throttle body, oil pan, oil pick up, dip stick and tube. I have a uprated bottom and with GEMS and all supporting mods to run midrange boost of upto 1.8 bar.

1. Power steering pump.
The power steering pump and feed lines on my 1994 are restricting the location of the turbo inlet pipe which comes out from under the manifold. Is it possible to fit a pump and reservoir from a 97/98 car and what do I do about the feed lines because they will be different. Do I have to cut the feed lines that go around the side of the inlet manifold and down to the steering rack and use some braided hose. Or can I take braided hose all the wall from the steering rack. If I can use braided hoses and fitting what size fittings do I need and what size hose will do the job.

2. Throttle body.
I am replacing my phase 1 inlet manifold with a phase 1.5 inlet manifold complete with throttle body. Do you know if the throttle position sensor from my phase 1 throttle body will fit direct to the phase 1.5 throttle body. If it does then can I just reverse the signal using the GEMS ecu I have, Or do I have to use a sensor from the phase 1.5 throttle body. If this is the case what do I do to the wires to make it work. I have searched the threads but I am still confused. I did try to install the phase 1 throttle body upside down on the phase 1.5 manifold but it didn't look great and the throttle linkage was catching on the manifold. Does anyone have any experience of this and the GEMS ecu who could guide me either using phase 1 throttle sensor with phase 1.5 throttle body or phase 1.5 throttle body and sensor.

3. Oil pan/oil pick up.
Can anyone tell me if it is a straight forward job to replace the oil pan and oil pick up from a twin scroll car. Or if there is anything I need to look out for.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Mark Shield
Old 21 January 2008, 11:34 PM
keirnna
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What ever happened with this?