Notices

fitting oil temp gauge.

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2005, 05:01 PM
Ritch96
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fitting oil temp gauge.

Not after an in depth fitting guide, just an overview cause i've never done it and wondering if i could. Where does the sensor/sender fit too? Are there options? Which is best if so? What will it cost roughly?

Can you get combined temp/pressure senders? Where do these fit if so?

Any help appreciated.

I'm aware it will all be on here in the past and will indeed search in depth nearer the time but just after a quick answer to resolve a nagging question.

Cheers
Ritchie.
Old 16 May 2005, 10:01 PM
Rokay
Scooby Regular

All you need to know on fitting gauges here

Temp sensors can be installed in one of two places. In the sump or over the number 3 cylinder.
imo the sump option is a non starter. 1/ theres a possability that the sensor wires will get dammaged under the car and 2/ the sump just isn't the hottest spot for the oil temp reading.

Position the sender over number 3 cylinder and its out the way and said to be the hottest part of the engine and gives a true reading on whats going on in there. Only snag with this location is that its a tad awkward to get to. Intercooler needs to come out and the various pipe work covering the #3 port. Once thats out the way its not to bad to get to. Follow Stefans guide you'll not go far wrong. Remember to use some PTFE tape on the adapter and sensor when you put it in, because you'll not be wanting to revisting this area again once the ic and pipe work is all back in place.
Old 16 May 2005, 11:05 PM
ClassicBlueMica
Scooby Regular

you will need adapters for the senders, I got mine from LMA distribution, great value and essential in my opinion
Old 16 May 2005, 11:10 PM
Ritch96
Scooby Regular

Got a boost gauge in a single a-pillar pod. Can't decide whether to get a combined 52mm oil temp/press and relocate a boost gauge or get a combined oil temp/boost gauge??

ritchie