Notices

Scoobyworld Afterburner System

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2005, 12:04 AM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Scoobyworld Afterburner System

Finally picked up the 3 peice Afterburner system (back box, centre, cat pipe) for my my01.

Service from Scoobyworld was on the whole not bad. There was a slight mix up with regards to the date of delivery as I wasn't informed about a delay with the cat pipe. Niel and Mandy made up for that with very helpful advice and they were great when it came to exchanging another item I wasn't happy with. Would definately buy from them again.

Hopefully will have the bits bolted on by the weekend and I'll post back with my verdict on the sound and performance gains shortly.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...fterburner.jpg

Ben
Old 05 May 2005, 12:03 PM
Drivetime
Scooby Regular

i have an afterburner vortex on my scooby, what a difference it makes! i noticed it straight away, the sound is awesome and i definitely noticed performance gains too. i was very impressed with the service from scoobyworld. one of the chaps phoned me up the same day, said he lived near me and dropped the exhaust of for me, saving on p&p. now thats service!

Last edited by Drivetime; 10 May 2005 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08 May 2005, 07:05 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Had the system fitted and driven a few hundred miles now.

Firstly, all the sections fitted perfectly according to the mechanic. I should also add that the welds are all high quality, particularly on the back box.

The sound is pretty much just what I wanted. On idle the car makes a loud deep throbbing sound. On full boost over 4,000 rpm this turns into a real howl. The sound clips on the Scoobyworld website don't do it justice at all. As far as excessive volume is concerned, I think it's just the right side of being okay, although I do still have the original up and down pipes in place. The only time it has been a bit over bearing is in stop start traffic, where the loud throbbing and rawness when pulling it away can get into the head a bit. On the open road it’s pretty much perfect.

As far as performance gains are concerned, the difference is certainly noticeable over about 4,500 rpm. I can't feel any improvement in acceleration until the turbo has well and truly kicked in, but when it has done, the car feels significantly stronger. Definitely getting down the road faster.

Several others have commented on the car and all have said that they don't think it sounds too over the top. However, I have had a couple of un-usual situations since putting it on. A BMW driver was behind me at the lights and as I pulled away (nice deep rumble) I noticed him shaking his head and grinning as if to say "That's ridiculous". Also have noticed that I get either admiring, curious or irritated looks from pedestrians in probably equal proportions. If you are bothered by what some people ‘might’ think, I'd probably recommend the Ninja. I think however that if id specified the Ninja I would more often than not wish I got the Vortex.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/BenWRXBugEye/backbox.jpg
Old 09 May 2005, 08:48 AM
mikeGG
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Drivetime
i have an afterburner vortex on my scooby, what a difference it makes! i noticed it straight away, the soud is awesome and i definitely noticed performance gains too. i was very impressed with the service from scoobyworld. one of the chaps phoned me up the same day, said he lived near me and dropped the exhaust of for me, saving on p&p. now thats service!
Hi mate.Twas me who delivered your Afterburner! Glad you are happy with the Vortex! I have just bought another Scoob and put one on mine. They are awesome aren't they! I would have brought your PIAA horn round the other day aswell but it had already gone in the post bag when I noticed.

Mike
Old 09 May 2005, 11:16 AM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

I have the Ninja on my blobeye, and i get the same sort of looks for that! lol.
For me that was perfect, but some of my workmates dont appreciate it