Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2005, 12:25 PM
mudfrog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear bumper alignment.

Hi guys!

I need your help please people.
I had a bit of a coming together with a post in a car park at the weekend and grazed the rear o/s bumper and pushed it in a few mil.
I've had a quote from a bodyshop place to get the damaged part of the bumper resprayed and a couple other bits touched up at the same time and to keep the cost down there gonna do the repairs with the bumper left on.
Anyway when they were looking at it I only then noticed then it had been pushed in slightly. They said they would try and get it pulled back out but that is not part of the quote they gave me which I suppose is fair enough I spose.
So when I got home I thought I would have a look myself so I got stuck in and managed to get part of the bumper loose by taking out the rear light removing all of the gromets on the lefthand side of the bumper and try and pull out the bracket by hand but being the weedy Mr Muscle I am couldn't get it to budge!
Would I be better of getting the whole bumper off and trying to get a better purchase on the bracket and give it a good yank with a hooked hammer or somethin'.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Pictures would be a bonus aswell.

Oh yeah can anyone tell me where I could get any replacement gromets as there were some broken ones from the bump.

And yes I will be booking some lessons on how to reverse. lol

Sorry for the long thread.

Cheers,

Rich
Old 18 April 2005, 02:43 PM
mudfrog
Scooby Regular

Can nobody help me!?

BTTT
Old 18 April 2005, 03:34 PM
RB5193
Scooby Regular

Rich,

Get underneath, there is two bolts each side that holds the bumper iron on, take them out, then take out the plastic clips each side in the wheel arch and there is one in the middle at the back underneath, unplug the number plate lights and the whole thing bumper and all slides out and off the car. You have probably bent the iron as its quite flimsy get a new one I think there about £25 from main dealer.

Hope this helps!!

Mark
Old 18 April 2005, 04:11 PM
mudfrog
Scooby Regular

Thanks Mark for your reply

Is there no way I can try and pull at the left part of the iron to try and level things up? As the righthand side is fine. Because I only knocked the left rear corner.
I can see the part that needs bending back out after taking out the rear lights but just need to get a good grip of it.
If that means having to take the whole of the bumper off then fair enough. I would of done it over the weekend but ran out of time and it started to rain slightly. Always the way .

Cheers,

Rich
Old 18 April 2005, 07:31 PM
RB5193
Scooby Regular

Probably easier to take the whole thing off, will only take you 20 mins!!
Old 19 April 2005, 08:41 AM
mudfrog
Scooby Regular

Yeah will probably do that I think. Just need some good weather so I can get stuck in with it.