Notices

Negative boost pressure

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2005, 08:59 AM
wrighty69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Negative boost pressure

If any one can help it would be great, I have recently bought a Jap inport 93 WRX, which has been fine however last night after a good thrashing the revs cut out at 4500 rpm and the booost guage is only indicating 0 bar of boost pressure. I have checked all the hoses fronm the turbo and the intercooler, however these are all in tact and are in good condition. Has anyone one had a problem with the boost pressure solenoid before or the actuator giving similar symptoms. I dont think its the turbo itself as there is no oil being burnt through the exhaust.

Help would be appreiciated.

Thanks
Old 17 April 2005, 11:41 AM
Delboy2
Scooby Regular

Check to make sure all of the pipes are intact and connected to the pressure exchange solenoid and map sensor. If you connect the plugs under the dashboard as shown HERE you will enable the ECU diagnostics which may point you in the right direction with regards to the fault

Cheers
Old 17 April 2005, 11:08 PM
lcheater
Scooby Regular

I had exactly the same problem and it is an ECU sensor that is reading out of its upper or lower limits. I.e a sensor has detected that there is something wrong, or could be wrong and it has tripped into safe mode. I took mine to my local car tuner and they plugged it into their computer and found that a my speedo cable had come out of the back of my clocks (which was the reason i was not getting a reading of how fast i was going!!!!). They reset the ECU for me and told me to go and plug the cable back in, so i did that and it has been fine ever since.

Hope this helps
Old 19 April 2005, 09:32 AM
wrighty69
Scooby Regular

Smile

Thnks for the help the wiring to the boost pressure control solenoid was causing a short so I cleaned it with brake isopropanol cleaner and the scoob is now boosting better than when I test drove the car. Even then I was scared to put my foot down properly.

I have been driving a 1.0 VW Polo for 4 years to build up my no claims discount with 50bhp. I lowered it on Koni shocks and had 15" OZ racing alloys, but what a waste of time and money.

I have wanted a scoob since I was 18 and my god it was worth the wait.

Thanks for the help in fixing the car, I now have a big smile back on my face.