Notices

Odd noise at startup............

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2005, 04:37 PM
Stu Smith
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Odd noise at startup............

Afternoon all

Started my P1 tonight to get it out of the garage for a wash, and a blip of the throttle resulted in a strange noise...........sort of like the exhaust was blowing but up near the turbo, could have even been a rattle I guess? Anyway after three or four blips it went away? Turned the car off straight away and started it up again and the noise had gone. Anyway, I couldnt get the car to do it again and it has never done it before? Opened the bonnet and revved the car but there was no suspect noise or blowing to be heard? All liquid levels are spot on and the S.E.C.S. monitor was showing no faults either?

Car is a 2001 P1 with 37k on the clock and it had a service about 200 miles ago.

Any ideas guys? Is it just a one off or is this noise something more sinister?

Cheers!!!
Old 30 March 2005, 07:27 AM
Stu Smith
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Morning guys

Tried the car from cold again last night and the car didnt make the noise again? Thinking about it now, rather than a blowing noise it was more like a noise you get when there is too much fuel in the system, like the car was stuttering a bit to get rid of it? Could it be too much fuel or could it be a dirty plug?

Ive been using 2ml of NF octane booster to every 1 litre of fuel, could my plugs be coked up? How often would the plugs need changing using this amount of OB?

Cheers

Stu