Notices

Bump Steer Mod

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2005, 10:49 AM
Chris_Kokopelli
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bump Steer Mod

Who can do this for me in or around the North West? I know Power Station in Cheltenham do it but I dont often have the time to travel that far.

Can anybody recomend anyone?

Thanks
Old 11 March 2005, 11:23 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

It seems powerstation are the only ones who know how to do it properly in conjunction with a full geometry setup.. I drove down from Leeds to get it done. Its quite funny to see two guys swinging off the tow eyes by screwdrivers whilst checking the settings. I know its a long journey but well worth it especially if you add stiffer rear ARB and droplinks as well.Andy
Old 11 March 2005, 11:46 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Chris_Kokopelli
Who can do this for me in or around the North West? I know Power Station in Cheltenham do it but I dont often have the time to travel that far.

Can anybody recomend anyone?

Thanks
I think TSL do a similair mod, but I haven't had it done to my car. I have had the Powerstation bumpsteer mod, along with a few other suspension mods done to my car, and the difference is absolutely amazing. Do yourself a favour and get down there to have it done.

Following the bump steer mod, you can drive down a bumpy road, without having to hang onto the steering wheel. The car will also brake in a straight line and understeer will almost be eliminated

Phill
Old 11 March 2005, 03:54 PM
danieldenham
Scooby Regular

I agree with the others here. The bump mod revolutionised the drivability of my MY00 (wagon). I was genuinely amazed. I had a few quid to spare and was in Cheltenham on business so I thought it was worth a try. Within 5 miles I was cursing myself for not getting it done ages ago.

The car already had rear ARB, droplinks and Eibachs, this mod made them all work!

As for geometry, I had HUGE issues with the geo of my car but the guys at PowerStation spent hours on it (at no extra cost) getting it right. If I need it changed again or re-done, I will make the trip back to Cheltenham any day.

My advice...... take a day off work and go down to Cheltenham!!
Old 11 March 2005, 03:58 PM
danieldenham
Scooby Regular

Ohhh, forgot to say I had the anti-lift kit done too, not because it stops lift (I don't think it does) but because it increases caster and that will give you a MUCH more positive feel to steering input.
Old 11 March 2005, 04:00 PM
danieldenham
Scooby Regular

Sorry, me again.....

Forgot to say that the bump mod is only relevant to 'classics' as 'bugeyes' had the problem solved in production (so I'm told).