STI UK MY02 max boost pressure

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2005, 12:25 AM
Badone
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STI UK MY02 max boost pressure

Question for Mike Wood please.

Currently running PPP with a TSL Group N back box. Seems to be hitting 1.3/4 bar from 4th/5th gear whilst excellerating on the motorway. What should the boost level be please and would the replacement back box cause boost problems with the PPP set-up? Purchased the car last week and had the back box changed before collection so I can't comment on previous boost levels. Thanks for your help.
Old 07 March 2005, 09:33 AM
MikeWood
Scooby Regular

Badone

Boost level is dependant on many things and the peak fgure isn't the whole picture. The numbers you have quoted are fine in the midrange (4-5000 rpm) but would be a real issue if it was still that much at 6500rpm.

It's difficult to say if changing the rear silencer would make a difference to how the boost is controlled without testing it fully. What most people seem to report is an increase in noise levels as well as a lightening of the wallet, particularly in the event of a disputed warranty claim....

Mike
Old 07 March 2005, 09:43 AM
dowser
Scooby Senior

LOL! Coffee all over the keyboard
Old 07 March 2005, 01:16 PM
Badone
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeWood
Badone

Boost level is dependant on many things and the peak fgure isn't the whole picture. The numbers you have quoted are fine in the midrange (4-5000 rpm) but would be a real issue if it was still that much at 6500rpm.

It's difficult to say if changing the rear silencer would make a difference to how the boost is controlled without testing it fully. What most people seem to report is an increase in noise levels as well as a lightening of the wallet, particularly in the event of a disputed warranty claim....

Mike
Cheers Mike.