Notices

Different way to connect oil temp and pressure guages!

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2005, 09:06 PM
1964marco
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different way to connect oil temp and pressure guages!

Hi

For all those interested Scoobyworld have a new way to connect up oil pressure and oil temperature guages. For those who havent seen it, its a special milled plate that fits between the oil pump and the oil filter with 4 holes drilled into it to directly fit the oil pressure and temperature senders. Comes with complete fitting kit. It came with my guages so not sure of its retail price. Well easy to fit, did an oil and filter change and put it in at the same time, 2 minute job.

Give them a call and ask about it if your interested, makes much easier job of installing guages.

Cheers

Marco
Old 01 March 2005, 11:06 PM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Defi have been doing these for years in the US to 2.5 RS's and the like and now Evos

Must say that after fitting one, the are easier to do BUTlower the Oil filter to a level that is too near the lowest part on the car and can run a higher risk of damaging (ie, ripping off!) the oil filter if the car ground out!

Russell
Old 02 March 2005, 11:54 AM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WUZ
Defi have been doing these for years in the US to 2.5 RS's and the like and now Evos

Must say that after fitting one, the are easier to do BUTlower the Oil filter to a level that is too near the lowest part on the car and can run a higher risk of damaging (ie, ripping off!) the oil filter if the car ground out!

Russell
Thought about this after fitting mine & having after market headers makes it even more on show. They can also be a pain when changing the oil filter for the 1st time after fitting the insert as the filter trys to turn the whole assembly

Dean
Old 02 March 2005, 08:48 PM
1964marco
Scooby Newbie

Ripping the oil filter off would be the least of my worries, the sump would have gone long before then!! I dont know what adapter plate your using, but mine at the max. is only 20mm thick, the filter is still way above the bottom of the sump.

Marco