Notices

central locking

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2005, 10:40 PM
JohnnyR6
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default central locking

Hi all, please help. recently my alarm fob has started opening and closing the drivers door but no other door, using the key doesn't help either. Is this a common problem on classic scoobs? it a my 95 sti2.

Cheers John
Old 23 February 2005, 09:53 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyR6
Hi all, please help. recently my alarm fob has started opening and closing the drivers door but no other door, using the key doesn't help either. Is this a common problem on classic scoobs? it a my 95 sti2.

Cheers John
Not too sure what alarm system you will have - as it is pre-99 it will not have the standard Sigma system.
I assume the radio key is an aftermarket alarm one and not a genuine Subaru item - if so, then I think that this will most likely be a wiring fault from the alarm unit to the door locks. It is unlikely to be a unit problem as I would expect all the door locks to stop operating if this were the case.
You may hear that the drivers door motors on 99-01 Classics did fail from time to time, but this would have the opposite effect to that that you describe - ie all the other doors would operate and jut not the driver's door.
SS