Hesitation/misfire

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2005, 07:00 PM
screamer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Hesitation/misfire

Hi,

I've been trying to cure a problem I have with my scoob (MY00) and I was wondering if anyone had come across these symtoms before or have a suggestion of what the problem could be.

Basically if I'm cruising on the motorway or A road (steady throttle, not gunning it, could be doing 80mph or 40mph) the car seems to start spluttering or losing power. If I put my foot down to try and acclerate through it it doesn't help. If I drop cog it seems to clear it's throat and off we go like I'd expect it to.

The car had new plugs a couple of thousand miles ago as I thought this could have been the problem but it still does it. It also had new leads and and a MAF about 12months ago. I changed the MAF as it was cutting out when I stopped at road junctions but this was actually cured by cleaing the idle control valve with carb cleaner.

I've done a search on scooby net hoping to find a similar situation and all I could find was an indication that it could be the lambda sensor?

I run the car on SUL so I don't think it's bad fuel.

Any ideas what the problem could be would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05 February 2005, 07:41 PM
screamer
Scooby Regular

Put a new O2 sensor in today. Won't know if it's worked until next week.
Old 06 February 2005, 10:09 AM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Sounds very much like a lambda sensor if its off boost.

MB
Old 07 February 2005, 01:59 PM
HOCKEYBOY
Scooby Newbie

i have much the same problem with my00.changed and tested the lambda and it`s not that.feels a bit like your towing a caravan until you get it going!!Pretty much given up trying to source the problem my self.Gonna save up and get the ecu sorted by someone see if that sorts it.

Robbie

Originally Posted by screamer
Hi,

I've been trying to cure a problem I have with my scoob (MY00) and I was wondering if anyone had come across these symtoms before or have a suggestion of what the problem could be.

Basically if I'm cruising on the motorway or A road (steady throttle, not gunning it, could be doing 80mph or 40mph) the car seems to start spluttering or losing power. If I put my foot down to try and acclerate through it it doesn't help. If I drop cog it seems to clear it's throat and off we go like I'd expect it to.

The car had new plugs a couple of thousand miles ago as I thought this could have been the problem but it still does it. It also had new leads and and a MAF about 12months ago. I changed the MAF as it was cutting out when I stopped at road junctions but this was actually cured by cleaing the idle control valve with carb cleaner.

I've done a search on scooby net hoping to find a similar situation and all I could find was an indication that it could be the lambda sensor?

I run the car on SUL so I don't think it's bad fuel.

Any ideas what the problem could be would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 19 February 2005, 07:55 PM
screamer
Scooby Regular

Smile

Just thought I'd let you know it was the O2 sensor (or lambda). I've done about 1000 miles in the last two weeks and it appears to be sorted.

Put in a universal one from a local motor factors.