Notices

EBC Pads

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2005, 05:41 PM
berrick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBC Pads

Just fitted EBC Red pads to my classic. Real improvement. Thanks to Buck at EBC for the special SN member deal.

For anyone considering doing pads themselves it's really easy on the classic. Couldn't find this info so I thought I'd offer up a few notes.

On rear - simply remove bottom caliper 14mm bolt (on inside at bottom rear of calliper), swing caliper up and tie to suspession spring with wire or the such like. Clean with meths or brake cleaner. Clean rubber seal around piston then lubricate with silicon grease. I was able to push the rear single piston back in by hand [to make room for the extra thickness of the new pads]. Replace pads (swap squeal clip on to new pads if necessary) as per instructions e.g. copper grease.... Re-fit callipers. 30 mins will cover it.

Fronts - remove top and bottom calliper bolts 14mm (on inside of calliper). Wire up as above. Clean as above. Lubricate as above. The fronts on standard classics are 2 pot at the front - I couldn't push the pistons in or if I did do one the other came out. So slacken the bleed nipple and let some fluid displace [ideally into something - brake fluid is nasty stuff!] as you squeeze them in. Once they are retracted tighten nipple (8mm). Fit pads as per instructions and points above. 45 mins will cover it.

p.s. don't touch brake pedal until all is back up together!!