Notices

Want to remove my dump valve

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2005, 05:00 PM
turbochrissy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to remove my dump valve

My scooby came with an aftermarket dump valve when I bought it. After trying to fix a problem, I tightened up the fitting at the bottom of the valve and now the car runs great, but without as much TSSSSSSSSH (not that it bothers me). Is that an adjustable feature, or had it worked loose?

Also, i want to remove the aftermarket item. Do I need to fit a standard scooby one, or is that still there? Where do the pipes go when ive removed it?

Cheers guys, thanks to all who have given advice on here, my car is almost running sweet!
Old 24 January 2005, 06:02 PM
turbochrissy
Scooby Regular

BTTT

Come on, anyone? When i first mentioned i had a dump valve i got nothing but abuse. Surely someone must know how to run it without one?

Cheers

Originally Posted by turbochrissy
My scooby came with an aftermarket dump valve when I bought it. After trying to fix a problem, I tightened up the fitting at the bottom of the valve and now the car runs great, but without as much TSSSSSSSSH (not that it bothers me). Is that an adjustable feature, or had it worked loose?

Also, i want to remove the aftermarket item. Do I need to fit a standard scooby one, or is that still there? Where do the pipes go when ive removed it?

Cheers guys, thanks to all who have given advice on here, my car is almost running sweet!
Old 24 January 2005, 06:47 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

This will depend on what year your car is, the earlier cars had dump valves to the right hand side of the intercooler (looking from the front under bonnet) and the later ones MY99 onwards had them attached to the intercooler, if its the later one then you should just be able to unbolt the dump valve from the intercooler and replace it with a std one but on the earlier models you will usually find it has been removed and replaced with a blanking off bung in one of the pipes, you will have to get hold of a standard dump valve and offer it up to get an idea of where the pipes go, you should try doing a search for a picture or maybe I could post one up for you as I have an early model MY98.

as for your dump valve being faulty well im afraid I cant help you there as I have only ever had the original and best one fitted

andy
Old 25 January 2005, 11:27 AM
turbochrissy
Scooby Regular

There is a pipe at the back on the engine, with a blanking off plug in it. Mine is a MY98 also. How much will a standard valve cost me?
Old 25 January 2005, 12:51 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

Not sure of the cost but give david at API engines a shout (do a search) or ring grade A subaru, no point buying new
Old 25 January 2005, 01:17 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

About £25 from Grade A
Old 25 January 2005, 01:57 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Less from APi

Old 25 January 2005, 02:01 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Wink

I didn't know API exsisted back then