Fitting Sideskirts

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2005, 04:32 PM
Scoobydrive
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting Sideskirts

Hiya,

I have bought a set of used sideskirts off a MY00 Turbo to put on my STI Ra.

I am not to sure how these are to go on. Do I need a fitting kit or is it a matter of doing some drilling??? Also the same story for the rear splats on the bumper.

Second this is does anyone anything good to use to strip the red paint off the second hand skirts as I will be getting them sprayed white.

Cheers in advance.
Old 22 January 2005, 10:40 AM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool

There are holes positioned in the sills... and poppers on the skirts, they just sortta clip in there, and theres screws in the bottom... and a clip on the front arch edge of the skirt... its a sort of firr tree clip, just pops in...
the rear spats have got 2 clips which slide onto the bumper clips, then a screw in each bumper edge to secure them...
Someone else maybe able to explain it alittle better... good luck getting the holes drilled in the sills in the right place... could always bond the top edge on, because the screws that go through the bottom should hold them... there only clipped in aswell to hold them tight against the body...
I wouldn't use paint stripper on the skirts, it may melt them, and any other top coat you wanna paint to them will just react... they'll only wanna bit of a nid and flat... then paint them...
Old 22 January 2005, 08:30 PM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

I had to have mine refitted once, found out I needed new clips/studs whatever they are. Apparently taking the skirts off knackers them. Only pence each IIRC.
But u need summat like a dozen
Any dealer will have them. Since u have an import, just get the chassis number of a mates uk; and ask that way, most dealers wont even look at their database if u mention an import.
Other than that try Graham Goode.
I got mine mail ordered from Ashburton Motorworks..I think they may be a dealer...but a freindly one. 01364 652302
Old 24 January 2005, 11:33 AM
Scoobydrive
Scooby Regular

Thanks lads, thats a great help. Its making more sense now and also got the clips form my main dealer. I just got some of the proper 400 gauge sand paper to nib the skirts.

Thanks again..
Old 24 January 2005, 10:39 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink

When I took mine off for painting, went to Subaru for new clips and bolts... and it come to about £96 quid... told them to stick it, I got new screws for the skirts from local motor factor...£2.99 for 25 screws... and the rest of the clips, I laid my hands on stuff that looks good as from work...