Notices

Central lock, unlocks then locks again

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2005, 05:01 PM
Painless
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Central lock, unlocks then locks again

Hi, I have a problem with my central locking system.
I have a remote locking system, no caralarm , and when I try to unlock my car it unlocks and then locks again after 1 second.
Even if I manually unlocks all doors if sounds the same, unlock then lock.
I got no indication about having a door open or something.
If I'm fast i can open a door before it locks again, this is for all the doors, they can be opened if you are fast.

What can be wrong??
Old 10 January 2005, 06:35 PM
Viking067
Scooby Regular

I think there is a timer in the alarm that locks the doors after about 20sec if you havent opened the doors.Maybe thats wrong with yours, the timer goes to fast.
Old 10 January 2005, 07:19 PM
Painless
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Viking067
I think there is a timer in the alarm that locks the doors after about 20sec if you havent opened the doors.Maybe thats wrong with yours, the timer goes to fast.
ok.. but even if I have a door open and use the remote I got the same result..
Then it can't be the timer or..?
Old 10 January 2005, 09:33 PM
markrs2000
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Hi m8, I have come across this problem before, sounds like you have got a faulty door lock actuator (the little motor inside the door) The best thing to do is remove all door cards and unplug each actuator one at a time until the fault disappears then you will find which actuator is at fault,then replace faulty actuator and things should be back to normal, hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
FN5
Old 10 January 2005, 09:46 PM
Painless
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by markrs2000
Hi m8, I have come across this problem before, sounds like you have got a faulty door lock actuator (the little motor inside the door) The best thing to do is remove all door cards and unplug each actuator one at a time until the fault disappears then you will find which actuator is at fault,then replace faulty actuator and things should be back to normal, hope this helps.
Thanks for the tip! will try this.
Old 11 January 2005, 09:45 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

alternatively i beleive theres a common fault where some water gets into the c/l control module and freaks it.....
Old 11 January 2005, 07:10 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

If its door lock actuator then must be drivers door as other door actuators dont cause locking to actuate on other doors.
Old 11 January 2005, 07:36 PM
Painless
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by warrenm2
alternatively i beleive theres a common fault where some water gets into the c/l control module and freaks it.....
where can i find the module? I have heard som clicking sounds under the steeringwheel(I'm from sweden,left side drive)
Can I rescue the module, or do i have to get a new one if this is the problem?
Old 12 January 2005, 07:07 AM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool

Sit in your car... and lock your drivers door... so all the doors go to lock, watch your door handles lock and unlock... watch for there movement... if you can see one of them slightley sticking, it'll cause the problem your discribing... if all the door handles appear to opperate at the same time and work, chances are it'll be your drivers one... which you are locking manually...

Had this happen to me old chaps Mondeo before christmas.... you'ed lock it and it would un-lock, lock, un-lock, lock, you just had to pot luck and try and open the door at the right moment...
I used this process on it, and you could see when in the car the N/S front door handle sort off sticking, where as all the rest were moving freelee... changed that door solonoid, and now all is perfect again... touch wood...!!!
Old 12 January 2005, 05:17 PM
Painless
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Scoobyslammed
Sit in your car... and lock your drivers door... so all the doors go to lock, watch your door handles lock and unlock... watch for there movement... if you can see one of them slightley sticking, it'll cause the problem your discribing... if all the door handles appear to opperate at the same time and work, chances are it'll be your drivers one... which you are locking manually...

Had this happen to me old chaps Mondeo before christmas.... you'ed lock it and it would un-lock, lock, un-lock, lock, you just had to pot luck and try and open the door at the right moment...
I used this process on it, and you could see when in the car the N/S front door handle sort off sticking, where as all the rest were moving freelee... changed that door solonoid, and now all is perfect again... touch wood...!!!
When I lock my drivers door from inside, it does not lock the other doors then.. or unlock them.. seams like I got a problem with the driver door then.. It should lock all door if I lock the drivers door right?
Old 13 January 2005, 07:24 AM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool

Yep, would have thought so... it should lock all the doors up...
Old 13 January 2005, 02:53 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, all doors should lock. Only works on drivers door on classics. I suspect, as i have already said, your drivers door lock solenoid is stuck or broken.