Notices

STI flywheel, need part no.

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2004, 08:10 PM
Sonic Blue Type R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question STI flywheel, need part no.

Does anyone have the part number for the lightened STI flywheel (5.4kg) for GC8, got a part number off an American site - ST1231055010, but this does not correspond to U.K part numbers, so I looked on STI japan site, but they use the same part numbers, like STI spark plugs - ST224014S020.

The problem is that Subaru U.K have to use there own part numbers, which isn't too handy when I want the uprated STI clutch kit also.

Hope someone can help out.

Just one other thing, if someone went to a Subaru dealership, went to the parts and asked for STI spark plugs, STI panel filter, they don't even know this stuff exists, seems quite strange that they would rather have you purchase NGK plugs or (think it was a RAM air panel filter). WTF is that all about??
Old 03 December 2004, 06:48 PM
Sonic Blue Type R
Scooby Regular

Okay then, is there anyone who has the STI lightened flywheel on there car, if so where did you get it from?

Must be someone who has got it, surely

Oh, and how much did you pay?
Old 03 December 2004, 07:48 PM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

i think people generally go 3rd partly for flywheels....
Old 03 December 2004, 08:25 PM
XS-Home
Scooby Regular

Sonic.......Subaru source their parts from all over the world, what might be in Japan, won't be in the USA & certainly not over here. Its not a case of they don't know their stuff........Ask a Jap dealer for a UK cambelt equivalent with part number & they say it won't exist in their domestic market........It all depends where they source the parts, this is due to them looking at Pan European Price Cuts............
Old 03 December 2004, 10:41 PM
Sonic Blue Type R
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by XS-Home
Sonic.......Subaru source their parts from all over the world, what might be in Japan, won't be in the USA & certainly not over here. Its not a case of they don't know their stuff........Ask a Jap dealer for a UK cambelt equivalent with part number & they say it won't exist in their domestic market........It all depends where they source the parts, this is due to them looking at Pan European Price Cuts............

Yeah, but the point that I was trying to make was the fact that there is branded STI parts, including, clutch, flywheel, spark plugs, radiator pressure caps.....................and tons of other stuff that is very difficult to aquire through a Subaru dealer.

Something which I experienced recently was when I wanted a STI panel filter, they didn't have a part number for this (it did not exist on there system) so they contacted IM, who said they could get them in. But the point is why do they not have them readily availible.

It's not as if I am asking for HKS or Blitz parts, STI is a direct branch of Subaru, it doesn't make too much sence to me having to look elsewhere to get a Subaru part/product.

Anyway, I still need to find out where to get an STI lightened flywheel