Notices

turbo timer

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2004, 05:55 PM
whitescooby 330
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question turbo timer

lads i want to fit an hks turbo timer to my classic sti will it affect my alarm and immobilisor
Old 23 November 2004, 09:41 PM
yamman 02 R1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by whitescooby 330
lads i want to fit an hks turbo timer to my classic sti will it affect my alarm and immobilisor
good question, i want to fit one to my 02 sti and also would like some feedback on alarm immobiliser & tracker
Old 25 November 2004, 02:09 PM
Wrx Iom
Scooby Regular

Default Hmmm

I own a 94 wrx, which had no alarm fitted to it when i purchased her. However it did have a greddy turbo timer fitted. When i asked about fitting an alarm and keeping the Turbo timer on, i was given the answer that it wouldnt work. You would have to leave the car ticking over before the alarm would activate. (Probably just a sales pitch for all i know!!) But this would be pointless as you would have to wait until you could activate the alarm.
Result...
I had a Concept 650 alarm installed, which has a built in Turbo Timer! This allows the alarm to be activated at the touch of a button and you can leave the car ticking over with the turbo timer (90s) then cuts out. All while the car is alarmed and you can walk away safely knowing that your car is safe.

Not sure about the new age Scoobies with security, but i am sure somebody else must have done this.

rgds

Wez
Old 25 November 2004, 03:03 PM
mannyfold
Scooby Regular

the turbo timer on my classic (my95) wrx had to come out when the alarm/immobiliser got fitted. the bloke who fitted it said he couldn't istall the alarm with it in but after he fitted and checked the alarm it can go back it apparently. ( laserline alarm cat 1) it should be going back in in the next couple of weeks, any probs will post on here.
Old 25 November 2004, 05:25 PM
shepster
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by mannyfold
the turbo timer on my classic (my95) wrx had to come out when the alarm/immobiliser got fitted. the bloke who fitted it said he couldn't istall the alarm with it in but after he fitted and checked the alarm it can go back it apparently. ( laserline alarm cat 1) it should be going back in in the next couple of weeks, any probs will post on here.
got a blitz turbo timer fitted to my04 wrx.you cannot activate the alarm or lock the car until it has stopped counting down. ive been told you can cut a wire and it will work but i am not willing to start chopping wires in a new car.
Old 25 November 2004, 05:34 PM
Wrx Iom
Scooby Regular

Default Concept 650

Bit pricey, but a great alarm and with built in Turbo Timer. Anti car Jacking system. Remote locking etc...etc.. What more do you want.
Alarm has additional add on features too. Remote start, Voice warning and siren warning.
Old 25 November 2004, 11:10 PM
Lord Bass
Scooby Regular

i've got a 2002 wrx with greddy turbo timer you can't set the alarm while its active and the car is running but you can lock the doors with the key and the immobiliser kicks in when the timer stops the countdown and the engine stops running.