Notices

Annoying rattle !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2004, 05:40 PM
boothy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Annoying rattle !!!!!!

Have had a rattle from the inside rear of my WRX 03 virtually since i have owned it dealer unable to find (usual suspect of seat belt checked) it is not particlary loud but EXTREMELY ANNOYING . Has anyone else suffered this and can you advise how to cure.?
Old 21 November 2004, 06:40 PM
Jason Knowles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boothy
Have had a rattle from the inside rear of my WRX 03 virtually since i have owned it dealer unable to find (usual suspect of seat belt checked) it is not particlary loud but EXTREMELY ANNOYING . Has anyone else suffered this and can you advise how to cure.?
I had rattle/knock from nearside rear of my 03 wagon, tried everything to cure it including new rear shocks. Happened over stutter bumps, never managed to cure it. Annoyed me that much changed car for 04 STI.
Old 22 November 2004, 02:29 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Where the door lock mechanism locks against the chassis, loosen the piece that is fixed to the car and grease it then re-tighten it back up or sray a penatrating lubticant straight on it and see how it goes, this cured my MY01's annoying rattle.

Zippy
Old 03 December 2004, 07:47 PM
maci
Scooby Regular

I bought about 5 month ago a MY02, with very low mileage. I heard a rattle during my test drive, but I didn't take it seriously, I said to myself :"it is nothing, must be something in the trunk". Nowadays it drives me CRAZY. I tried a lot of things, but the fackt is I'm not even sure where the noise is coming from.
I do hear, when I shut any of my rear doors, a rattle in the door, but if I drive I hear it over a bump. I suspected the seat belt, with no result. Didn't think of the lock mechanism, but tomorrow first hour guess what I'll do.

B.
Old 03 December 2004, 08:27 PM
XS-Home
Scooby Regular

Kids lego dropped down into the boot, took months to find that piece <sigh>