Notices

CAT question for TEK remap

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2004, 06:00 PM
Mat Mc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CAT question for TEK remap

I have a 02 WRX de-catted from the turbo back meaning the up pipe is still in place. It is a ScoobySport system (Janspeed)

I don't think it will pass the MOT next year with the pre-cat only, so will have to put a CAT back on which I'm not worried about.

I was going to trade the car in for a newer one but now am contemplating hanging onto it now for a couple more years. If I do this I want to remove the up-pipe and have a TEK re-map. If I do this I want to have it pass MOT's so will need a CAT. Sports CAT's seem very expensive and I don't really want to fork out for one of these on top of a remap.

In order to have it pass MOT's with a remap which CAT will it need, downpipe or mid section? Is it worth getting hold of a second hand STi 7 or 8 CAT instead of re-fitting the WRX one? How restrictive will having a CAT be?

What power figures are realistic with a CAT in place?

Thanks

Matt
Old 12 November 2004, 11:39 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

should just need to refit centre section for mot only and having it remapped with no cats etc.. the ecu runs closed loop fueling so should remove or add fuel to keep in the correct emissions area whilst idling so should pass no probs with just centre cat.
Believe the sti sections are the same or have no cat just a resonator, not 100% on the newer shape.