Notices

92 Loyale rough starting

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2004, 11:03 PM
toni1595
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Loyale rough starting

Hello, I am new to this forum and I am hoping that someone here can help me out. I am just about at my wits end with this problem. It started with an intermittent check engine light, no big deal, it usually went out and ran fine. But recently when I start it up I have to pump the gas pedal to keep it running or it will stall every time. I remembered that there was a red light underneath the dash that will blink out the code. It indicated that it was an egr temp. sensor or circuit, (55). Turns out that that is only on California based Soobs and this one is not.So I took it to a local garage and verified the same thing that I found, the egr thing. THe mechanic there recommended that I remove the egr valve and clean it which I did and also checked the associated vacuum switches and both seemed to be switching on and off when power is supplied. So this is where I am now. I'm afraid that with the colder weather coming, I won't be able to keep the darn thing running on startup. Its funny because after it gets by the startup problem, it runs great, no check engine lights or anything. Thanks in advance for any input that you can give. Toni.