Jap STi Help needed Q's Q's Q's

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2004, 04:24 PM
scooby.reed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jap STi Help needed Q's Q's Q's

I'm new to Scoobynet so hello every1.

Just wondered if people can tell me a bit about my New Age STI (02). Can someone clear up the BHP figures that are official not heresay.

Can someone tell me what the other button (likened to a trip meter reset button) is for under the rev counter clock

Can anyone recommend a good catback stainless that will give that great flat four burble

Has anyone out there fitted an Alpine sat nave system and are ther any difficulties given the space is a double head unit type opening

Can a pair of 6x9 speakers be fit into the rear shelf without any cutting

Is there anything I should be aware of that is of major importance between a Japanese and a UK car

ALL HELP IS GRETALY APPRECIATED........CHEERS GANG
Old 06 November 2004, 05:18 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi and welcome.

You will probably get a load of comments about petrol - as yours is a Jap model it was designed to use jap 100 octane petrol, so make sure you use Optimax or similar high octane petrol in it as a minimum, and see what octance booster you prefer ( Millers, NF Race, etc ) so you don't melt pistons etc!

Look on here, use the search feature and Scoobyshop, for ideas on exhausts. Scoobysport ones, or Hayward and Scott have been popular, depends on how noisy you want it overall!

Your power, I think it should be about 279 / 280 bhp, but as that was on jap fuel a it less here!

Enjoy

Neil
Old 06 November 2004, 09:43 PM
andyr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[Is there anything I should be aware of that is of major importance between a Japanese and a UK car

As per above : a definite is to use Optimax plus OB plus I'd recommend you get a Knocklink to detect the onset of knock/detonation. Not sure if/how a remap or ecu swap would allow std unleaded to be used without too much power loss.
Old 07 November 2004, 01:43 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The book figures are around 280ps and 270ish lbs of torque.
As above, fuel is important, optimax/octane booster and a knocklink wouldnt go amiss either

Tony