Notices

still wont go

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2004, 08:52 PM
jus nip!
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy still wont go

Had a code thirteen on my 95 wrx the other day which i was kindly informed the other day was a camshaft sensor, ordered a new one which arived today and have just fitted but still wont start. i did another check and my car is still showing fault 13. any ideas?????
Old 28 October 2004, 10:37 PM
MAFFA
Scooby Regular

Location: Down South to Ooop North to Back Down South again!!

Have you tried the crankshaft position sensor or even the water temperature sensor? You could borrow a Crakshaft sensor from a mate & try it as it's a 5 minute job and the most expensive at around £100. You wanna be sure before you buy one of those. The water temp sensor is cheaper at around £35 but they are a bitch to change.

CPS - Fault code 11
WTS - Fault code 21

Ive had both go on one of our scoobs & the water temp sensor on the other. The CPS would make starting a problem but no real signs other than that from personal experience. The WTS can go wrong in two ways (once again from personal experience) by either making the ecu think the car is continuously cold (high revving & overfuelling) or by making it think it's overheating (fans keep going all the time).

Other than that I can't think of much else as i'm currently having starting problems on the WRX and have covered most possibilities already. See here http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=373912

MAFFA
Old 28 October 2004, 10:39 PM
MAFFA
Scooby Regular

Location: Down South to Ooop North to Back Down South again!!

Oh & if you want more fault codes they can be found here http://www.psi3.co.uk/downloads/faultcodes.pdf

MAFFA
Old 28 October 2004, 10:40 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MAFFA
Have you tried the crankshaft position sensor or even the water temperature sensor? You could borrow a Crakshaft sensor from a mate & try it as it's a 5 minute job and the most expensive at around £100. You wanna be sure before you buy one of those. The water temp sensor is cheaper at around £35 but they are a bitch to change.

CPS - Fault code 11
WTS - Fault code 21

Ive had both go on one of our scoobs & the water temp sensor on the other. The CPS would make starting a problem but no real signs other than that from personal experience. The WTS can go wrong in two ways (once again from personal experience) by either making the ecu think the car is continuously cold (high revving & overfuelling) or by making it think it's overheating (fans keep going all the time).

Other than that I can't think of much else as i'm currently having starting problems on the WRX and have covered most possibilities already. See here http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=373912

MAFFA

Grade a £35

a quick way to check crank or cam

just unplug and recconect the one you think is faulty..

the car will start faultlessly

i had the same and replaced the cam sensor .. no joy..
some one suggested the unplug replug trick on the crank and it worked every time..

i got a s/h one from grade a £35 next day

Mart
Old 30 October 2004, 10:00 AM
jus nip!
Scooby Newbie

Cheers for the replys. I have tried a different sensor on both the cam and crank, but no joy. The unplug and re plug thing. should i do this with ignition on or off? I have tried it with the ignition off and no joy. After i had done this i did another fault check and now all the light keeps doing is flashing, doesnt seem to be doing a code at all.