Notices

WRX Bugeye Interior Help?

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2004, 12:45 AM
Nick98
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX Bugeye Interior Help?

For varied reasons I have now ended up with two interiors for my 2001 Bugeye (JDM) and am trying to identify the seats in it. Basically both sets are different, one has seperate headrests from the seat itself, and the other has the headrests built in with a slot in the top of the backrest (for harnesses?). The second set look much like what was fitted to the early classics in shape but the material is much more modern (the material on both sets is the same). Also I would describe both sets as 'bucket' type with the seat squabs being much about the same (a bit Recaro'ish).

Thus could anyone tell me whay there were two types, what the differences are, and which are the best to have?

Cheers

Nick
Old 18 October 2004, 02:35 PM
mmmiddy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

The ones with the seperate headrests also have side airbags fitted, that's about it!

I prefer the look of the 1 piece bucket type, but mine's fitted with the airbagged ones.

Which type was fitted from new?
Old 18 October 2004, 08:40 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

Believe the air bag seats were a no cost option on bugeye 4 door, buckets were standard on the wagon (bazzarly), but most people went for the buckets on the 4 door, bit more in keeping and my personal preference. Find some blobeye seats and you'll have the best of both!
Old 18 October 2004, 08:53 PM
Nick98
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys - I guess the tricky bit will be if I decide to fit the airbag seats instead of what I have got at the moment will it be possible to connect the airbags so they work? I assume the wiring etc will be in the car as I can't beleive they would run a different loom in the car dependant on which seats were selected? However equally I wouldn't want to set the bags off !!

Any views?

Nick