Notices

Automotive Engineering

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2004, 09:14 PM
dinothedude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Automotive Engineering

In the hope that some of the contributers and readers of the technical section are in fact involved in automotive engineering, this is a request to them.

I am a recent graduate of Aeronautical Engineering with a keen interest in all things automotive. Is anyone aware of any suitable positions within the automotive industry that would be suitable for someone of my skill set? Bearing in mind that although the degree is principally concerned with fluid mechanics and aerodynamics etc it does also have a large mechanical engineering component and as such is accredited by both RAeS and the IMechE.

If so could you please email me: dinothedude@hotmail.com and i will send you a full C.V and supply you with any additional information you may require.

Paul
Old 14 October 2004, 08:53 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dinothedude
In the hope that some of the contributers and readers of the technical section are in fact involved in automotive engineering, this is a request to them.

I am a recent graduate of Aeronautical Engineering with a keen interest in all things automotive. Is anyone aware of any suitable positions within the automotive industry that would be suitable for someone of my skill set? Bearing in mind that although the degree is principally concerned with fluid mechanics and aerodynamics etc it does also have a large mechanical engineering component and as such is accredited by both RAeS and the IMechE.

If so could you please email me: dinothedude@hotmail.com and i will send you a full C.V and supply you with any additional information you may require.

Paul

get your cv registerd with agencys!!!

they have specific areas, one of which is automotive,,

however i dont know where your based, but the primary area is midlands and up

Mart
Old 15 October 2004, 07:52 AM
VTEC to Turbo
Scooby Regular

Paul

The whole Uk industry is going through somewhat of a decline at the moment, and Christmas is not a good time to try and get into it (End of budgets etc).

As Mart360 says, the only real route is by registering with agencies (if don't mind contracting) or find out who the permanent companies are and apply to them, but as I say the industry is in a bit of a downward spiral at the moment, but that is not to say you will not be successful and find a position straight away.

Midlands is definately your best option as it is all centred around there really.

Good luck
Old 22 October 2004, 07:11 PM
dinothedude
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys. Every bit of advice is truly appreciated.

Paul