Notices

Is there a ScoobyECU STI RA map?

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2004, 08:17 PM
Nick_o_Teen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is there a ScoobyECU STI RA map?

Anybody out there with a scoobyecu fitted to a 1995/96 V2/V3 STI RA, if so did you have to get a slightly different map to suit the RA from the normal STI cos of the fifth injector or did it not make any difference? Thing is I have a similar chip fitted (not a scoobyecu) to run on uk fuel, but its based for the WRX STI.
I'm having an annoying DET problem, car only has minor mods.
So does anyone know if there is a slightly different map for the STI RA scoobyecu that I can try IF I can get hold of one. Maybe the chip I have fitted has too much ignition advance. Also does anyone know who can put a new map on the chip I have, suitable for my STI RA.
Nick.
Old 08 October 2004, 09:43 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

Hi Nick,
Scott T supplied a scoobyECU for my STi2RA, never had any problems or Det, and a healthy performance increase.
Scott posts on here, so maybe do a search or keep your eyes open for him.
Try here http://www.scoobyecu.co.uk
Hope this helps,
Simon
Old 09 October 2004, 09:18 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on the RA, if it runs a 7K ECU or a Z5 then from experience it can run the same generic map as a WRX or STi. The 5th injector is redunadant AFAIK and is only there for Group N ECU's

If it runs an SB ECU it will need a different map. But not because of DET or 5th injectors but because for some reason this ECU runs much higher higher duty cycles.

It could be your remap is running too much advance or too lean. Or it could be your MAF or induction Kit (if fitted).
Induction kits can confuse the MAF and cause the calculated load to be lower down on the map and hence cause more ignition advance to be applied.

P.S It also depends what boost you are trying to run. I used to supply them at around 15.5psi-16.5psi, due to that being the usable limit of the standard map sensor.

Last edited by Scott.T; 09 October 2004 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09 October 2004, 09:56 PM
Nick_o_Teen
Scooby Regular

Hi scott thanks for the input, the ecu is 7 something Z or K can't remember, I am running a gizzmo chip with raised fuel cut, boost was set to 18psi now down to 16.5psi,,just cleaned the maf sensor ( full of ****e) and will refit tomorrow. So its not worth going over 16.5 psi cos of the limit of the map sensor. If no better tomorrow then I will be on the hunt for one of your past ecu
Old 10 October 2004, 09:31 AM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

18psi probably had something to do with it.
Thats nearly a 50% increase in boost over standard