WRX IMPORT DE- CAT IF FITTED

Search this Thread

Old 05 October 2004, 05:59 PM
Hot Chicken
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question WRX IMPORT DE- CAT IF FITTED

Hi chaps,

I have an 94 WRX, which came from Jap land with a sizable Stailess Steel system. But I have had a quick look underneth and cannot see anything that resembles a CAT. Can any one issue a little help as to where its situated on this car. I think it must still be on there as my WRX is not as noisy as some! Although quicker than most Import WRX's
Old 05 October 2004, 06:18 PM
robinH20MRV
Scooby Regular

Wink turbo

Originally Posted by Hot Chicken
Hi chaps,

I have an 94 WRX, which came from Jap land with a sizable Stailess Steel system. But I have had a quick look underneth and cannot see anything that resembles a CAT. Can any one issue a little help as to where its situated on this car. I think it must still be on there as my WRX is not as noisy as some! Although quicker than most Import WRX's

look down past the turbo, from under the bonnet, and look at the down pipe, if there is a big buldge on the down pipe it has a cat in the down pipe, chuck the down pipe and get a GOOD open neck one, if you dump the down pipe cat it will fly! and get a panel filter, and a remap and and and and and............................................... ..............

cheers rob.
Old 06 October 2004, 02:10 PM
Hot Chicken
Scooby Regular

Default cat

Originally Posted by robinH20MRV
look down past the turbo, from under the bonnet, and look at the down pipe, if there is a big buldge on the down pipe it has a cat in the down pipe, chuck the down pipe and get a GOOD open neck one, if you dump the down pipe cat it will fly! and get a panel filter, and a remap and and and and and............................................... ..............

cheers rob.
Thanks I will take a look tonight. Can you recemend a good system and average cost.

Cheers
Old 06 October 2004, 02:13 PM
Hot Chicken
Scooby Regular

Default cat

If I was to find a cat system on the car. And then upgrade how does that effect the MOT's?