Notices

Heater in car dosent work

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2004, 10:21 PM
DAZZER
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Heater in car dosent work

Hi the heater in car only works on the windscreen when you turn dial to move direction to your feet or the side or front vents they dont work.The car is a 95 wrx the controls for the heater seem to be electrical movement instead of cables, is there a fuse if so where or is there a relay hope you can help........... cheers darren
Old 05 October 2004, 08:24 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Darren
It may be the case, but it would seem strange that this is electrical on a MY95. I could be wrong, but if it is cables, then it will either be the cable needs replacing (a bit of a pain and unlikely the cable has snapped) or, more likely, that the cable has come out of the holding clips and is thus flexing on itself rather than exerting pressure on the adjusters behind the dash. Ultimately, you need to get down under the dash, see if you can follow the route and go from there. If not, you need to talk to someone who knows these cars under the dash and can advise exactly where the cables go. It can be solved - it may just take a lot of bruised knuckles and swearing...
Old 05 October 2004, 07:50 PM
Spenny_B
Scooby Regular

If you remove the facia panel on the centre console, you'll expose 4 screws that will allow you to remove the heater control panel. From there you can determine if electrical or cable. Mine is a MY98 JDM, which has Climate, so is electrically operated w.r.t the air flow changing dial.

(By the way, if it is electrical, then the fan is also on same cct. If fuse is blown on Climate/Aircon systems, it manifests itself with a constannt ticking and flashing green A/C LED when you turn on the fan to Auto or Lo - Hi)

I also went around in loops trying to ascertain why the aircon system kept blowing a fuse (which is in the RH compartment above the bonnet opening lever...15A, IIRC, Mini-Blade type)

Eventually got rid of the prob by accident; was changing exhaust manifold, so had undertray off, and fiddled aroud with a few wires on the underside of engine bay, passenger side, near the front, by the rad....again, IIRC, there's a couple of 4-way plugs.

Bottom line is that I did fix it, but by accident rather than design...prob not much help, but if it is an electrically operated system, this may help you....

Spen