What's the loudest......

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2004, 10:18 AM
Stev0
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the loudest......

Hi guys,

The time has come for me to buy a Subaru. The megane convertible is in the autotrader this week, and will be looking for a Subaru as soon as it sells.

I’m gonna have about £600 left over to spend on it when I get it. I’m after a ’93-’95 WRX Import. What do you think I should do with my £600?

What’s the loudest after market Dump Valve and exhaust you can get for a Scoob?

Cheers,

Stevo
Old 10 September 2004, 08:16 AM
Stev0
Scooby Newbie

Come one guys????

What do you have fitted to yours, is it loud?
Old 10 September 2004, 08:37 AM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

I expect to get berated for this, but the reason you won't get much response is that most in the technical forum aren't interested in how loud they can get a dumpvalve to sound

Blitz SSQV will probably satisfy your needs if you're into that sor of thing.

£600 should be spent on good oil change, panel filter, boost gauge and knock link. With those bits on board you have the basis to start some good satge 1 mods, like exhaust system. A full decat will give you 260 ish BHP on a WRX.

Knocklink is vital, and as you know, the absolute minimum you can run a standard ECU based WRX is Optimax. Octane booster is advisable. Skimp on fuel and your engine will go pop rather quickly - they are designed to run on jap fuel.

Its up to you and what your tastes are, but personally loud DV's are sad. A subtle one is my cup of tea, but thats just me

MB
Old 10 September 2004, 08:49 AM
Stev0
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for this, didn’t know it was a stupid question to ask

I’ve got my megane convertible up for sale, and am counting the days till I purchase a scoob and am just trying to find a few things out. The best thing I love about scoobs is the noise the turbo makes and the rumble the engine makes – I’m yet to experience the joy of driving one!

Can you tell me the best place to buy a Blitz SSQV? Also, what is a good make of exhaust for Scooby’s – I’ve heard Super Sprint are good?

Cheers for your reply MB
Old 10 September 2004, 09:21 AM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Not a stupid question! Just many have a dim view of noisy dump valves, however, they are popular with others. Up to you entirely. if you do a search for "loud dump valve" you might find some advice. Have a look in scoobyshop for one.

Supersprint aren't that common on here, the noise you're after can be had from a Scoobysport / Magnex backbox, but there are loads of different makes. I prefer the Magnex as its a little more subtle. Best to get a 2nd hand one from the for sale forum, there's always something in there. Fit is the same from 92-00.

MB
Old 10 September 2004, 09:45 AM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Mine had a Turbosmart Veeport DV when I had it, have a look at:

http://www.tsl-motorsport.co.uk/engine.html

You can hear it clearly between gearchanges/backing off. Not massively loud, but in theory lets the turbo spin-up quicker which mine does seem to do (bit below 2500rpm).

Exhausts - I love my Ninja, as do many more on here and they are not that expensive (225). Make sure though you also de-cat for the full aural effect. Mine sounds the business, and looks the part too - 4.5" slash cut tailpipe.

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/trolleyed/8/22/index.htm

There are some sound clips on here. Gorgeous rumble on tickover and around town. Loud when revving but not mental, fine when cruising on motorway.
Old 10 September 2004, 04:09 PM
scoobyDAZZA
Scooby Regular

blitz nur spec r system m8y
gets rid of centre cat , v.loud , comes with bung,if required,

then save up for a magnex down-pipe ;-)

dump-valves . . not sure on loudest , ive got a baileys on mine and it can be heard.

also,totally agree on getting knocklink... just lets you know when your about 2 pop yer engine lol.
Old 15 September 2004, 06:43 PM
Gaz P
Scooby Regular

Excuse my ignorance, wat does a knocklink do?
Old 15 September 2004, 06:47 PM
Jon Boy
Scooby Regular

you need a bailey motorsport DV12 dump valve
A full afterburner vortex system
Thats u sorted :-)

Jon