Notices

how to remove the rear door card

Search this Thread

Old 07 September 2004, 11:42 PM
CHRIS_D
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to remove the rear door card

Already done a search, but to no avail. I'm sure people on her have done this before (ie upgrading etc)

I have a problem which is bugging me more than anything. my rear NS door locks itself whenever i go to open it from the outside. ie as the door begins to open the lock catch inside (ie the one with the handle) flicks inwards and renders the door locked and it subsequently catches when opening (ie you go to open the door, lift the handle and pull, theres a clunk, a 10 mm gap and it wont go any further). so far i've just been reaching through the passenger window/door and unlocking from inside whenever it does it - but like i said its beginnning to get on my t1ts now.

So to the point..........I want to remove the door card to have a look at the mechanism for any obvious faults or to carry out further investigation

i have unscrewed the obvious screw on the door panel, but the door card doesnt seem to want to come away. is there any more screws hidden away or do i need to remove just that one and give it a good tug.

Oh, and if anyone has any ideas why its doing this i'd appreciate the solution.

Its an MY99 Sti5 if it helps.

cheers
chris
Old 08 September 2004, 07:15 PM
seanks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris,
need to remove elecy window switch. Prise up from the front, needs a bit of force but it will pop out. Then voila, you'll find another screw to un do, the card can then be removed by going round the edge and popping the er.. poppers out.

Not sure about the locking problem. Once you have visibilty of the locks and mechanisms it maybe obvious that one of the connecting rods maybe loose.
If you need to remove the lock/door handle etc, let me know as it can be a bit tricky.
best of luck.