Notices

Theft: How did the scrote open my window?

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2004, 01:08 PM
Padster
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Theft: How did the ****** open my window?

Just got back from driving round France in my WRX. Great fun, would definitely recommend it. BUT while I was parked near a beach for the afternoon, I had a load of stuff stolen from inside my car :(

When we left the car to go to the beach, I'm *positive* it was locked and all the windows were fully closed - we had the aircon on so the windows were closed when we arrived and my girlfriend and I also remember us saying to each other "windows? locked?" and checking as we walked away from the car.

When we returned to the car, the F/N/S window was fully open and a load of our stuff had been taken from the boot through the ski hole.

We couldn't find any witnesses but called the Gendarmerie and got a police report etc.

Not looking promising with the insurance claim :( Do you have any idea whether there is a trick/tamper that could open a door/window? At the moment it seems more logical that we left the car insecure, but we're both certain we didn't.

Any info (or tips for the insurance claim (holiday, home or car?) greatly appreciated. The car is an MY02 WRX [UK spec Belgian import].

Note - if you have sensitive information re: security please mail me at scoobwindow@hotmail.com rather than post here.

Thanks.
Old 12 August 2004, 01:18 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Electrical fault? Happens on my spare car sometimes...window goes down at its own will.

Cant see there being a way of 'tricking' it as its not even touch sensitive on closing (helpful for trapping peoples arms).

Bob
Old 12 August 2004, 10:25 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't you need to have the igniton 'on' on the wrx's, I knopw you do on my my00 classic???
Old 13 August 2004, 03:13 PM
W 12 X T C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Padster
We

Not looking promising with the insurance claim Do you have any idea whether there is a trick/tamper that could open a door/window? At the moment it seems more logical that we left the car insecure, but we're both certain we didn't.
Only six posts and asking for tricks to get into an impreza. sounds dodgy to me.
apoligies if i am wrong buddy
Old 13 August 2004, 11:54 PM
Padster
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by W 12 X T C
Only six posts and asking for tricks to get into an impreza. sounds dodgy to me.
apoligies if i am wrong buddy
You are wrong - but I understand why you think it might be a bit suspect.

It is a genuine request for help (wouldn't you do the same in my situation?) and if anyone has some info but is reluctant to disclose it I'm happy to provide some evidence...my V5, the Gendarmerie report, whatever. Thanks. Note that I'm asking whether a trick/tamper is known about - not what it is or how to do it.

As for the earlier post, yeah, my ignition needs to be on to operate the windows. Hence the mystery. To add to the confusion, when I got back to the car, the passenger seat was soaking wet (it didn't smell dodgey - thank God) and there was a bin liner in the footwell. All seems a bit weird.

Cheers.

Last edited by Padster; 14 August 2004 at 12:06 AM.
Old 14 August 2004, 06:01 PM
W 12 X T C
Scooby Regular

did not mean anything by it mate. can't be to careful.
Old 15 August 2004, 12:32 PM
CataIunya
Scooby Regular

Perhaps the thief had just been to the beach himself and had wet trunks ? I know on some cars you can pull on the door edge enuff to slip some thing inside and unlock the door. But with the frameless windows on the impreza easier harder I don't know.
Old 15 August 2004, 09:59 PM
carlegacy
Scooby Regular

you have pm.

dont think you left it unsecure no way of ever proving this tho but there are ways to gain entry to the vehicle without keys.trust me i get into peoples cars for them(legally)almost every day.
there are a couple of things to look for tho which could tell you how they got in.e mail me and i will tell you what to check.
Old 17 August 2004, 11:11 AM
Padster
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by carlegacy
you have pm.

dont think you left it unsecure no way of ever proving this tho but there are ways to gain entry to the vehicle without keys.trust me i get into peoples cars for them(legally)almost every day.
there are a couple of things to look for tho which could tell you how they got in.e mail me and i will tell you what to check.
Cheers mate, I've responded to your email.

We thought about wet trunks too, but the seat was *really* wet.