Notices

Anyone rolling roaded a tek3 sti5 ?

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2004, 09:13 PM
taffyboyo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Anyone rolling roaded a tek3 sti5 ?

I'm a bit interested in this cause I've tek 3'd my sti 5 and it feels slower than before,
and today I heard someone in the know(who actually mapped the car) that it will make the car slower by adjusting the fueling to run on uk fuel, and by the way he was talking he didnt sound like it was a good thing to do to a sti 5,

why the hell didnt he mention this to me when I asked about a remap?
ok, so he wanted money by whats wrong with discussing better ways with me first

so if anyone's got any graphs or opinions of there tek 3 sti 5/6 then please let me know,

regards
Taffy
Old 09 August 2004, 09:17 PM
rosswalker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by taffyboyo
I'm a bit interested in this cause I've tek 3'd my sti 5 and it feels slower than before,
and today I heard someone in the know(who actually mapped the car) that it will make the car slower by adjusting the fueling to run on uk fuel, and by the way he was talking he didnt sound like it was a good thing to do to a sti 5,

why the hell didnt he mention this to me when I asked about a remap?
ok, so he wanted money by whats wrong with discussing better ways with me first

so if anyone's got any graphs or opinions of there tek 3 sti 5/6 then please let me know,

regards
Taffy
What grade of fuel is it mapped for and who mapped it?
Old 09 August 2004, 09:44 PM
taffyboyo
Scooby Regular

the fuel is super unleaded 97 ron, I dont really want to name the mapper cause I have no proof that it actually made the car slower, I just want some feedback of other sti 5/6 owners that have had the remap,

the car is running a lot safer now (hopefully), which is my main concern but if I knew that it wasnt the best option then I wouldnt have gone for it,

lack of research on my part is my mistake, but then again I know bugger all anyway
Old 09 August 2004, 09:54 PM
rosswalker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by taffyboyo
the fuel is super unleaded 97 ron, I dont really want to name the mapper cause I have no proof that it actually made the car slower, I just want some feedback of other sti 5/6 owners that have had the remap,

the car is running a lot safer now (hopefully), which is my main concern but if I knew that it wasnt the best option then I wouldnt have gone for it,

lack of research on my part is my mistake, but then again I know bugger all anyway
I am no expert but do own a remapped sti5. I am sure the original ecu is set for 100ron, if you remap for 100 with tek you can rin a bit more boost and timing than the factory map which I guess is suposed to be super safe on 100ron.
Being that you have remaped for 97 prob now are running less timing and slightly more boost hence the net effect of the remap is similar to what you had before.
Old 09 August 2004, 09:57 PM
taffyboyo
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by rosswalker
I am no expert but do own a remapped sti5. I am sure the original ecu is set for 100ron, if you remap for 100 with tek you can rin a bit more boost and timing than the factory map which I guess is suposed to be super safe on 100ron.
Being that you have remaped for 97 prob now are running less timing and slightly more boost hence the net effect of the remap is similar to what you had before.

thanks
Old 09 August 2004, 10:08 PM
scooby-k
Scooby Regular

Sti 5 is same as P1 engine. what mods do u have? tek3 with decat you should be in 300 bhp figures
ken
Old 09 August 2004, 10:14 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Very surpised

I would have even thought that remapping with a fair bit of safety would result in more power........especially with higher boost and probably more advance throughout the rev range - or rather adjusted correctly with the right fuelling

I have a fairly powerful sti5 and a tekked wrx04 (mapped on Optimax) the performance pre/post on the tek 3 wrx04 was light night and day!!

Trending Topics

Old 09 August 2004, 10:19 PM
rosswalker
Scooby Regular

The other point worth mentioning is that often peoples perception of the remap is more radical than it actually is on a semi stock car......yes it will be noticeably more driveable and quicker but it all depends on what your expectations are.
Old 10 August 2004, 08:57 AM
taffyboyo
Scooby Regular

the car has got full decat, the more I think about it, what I wrote last night was wrong and because I have no technical knowledge, I believe I did the right thing by having the tek 3 done,

what I forgot to mention was that I had a superchip on the car before, and had that taken off at the time of the remap, that would result in the loss of power,

good news is though, I had a knocklink fitted yesterday and all seems fine

just wondering if there are any others out there who have tek3 a sti5, and what were the rr results before and after?
Old 10 August 2004, 09:36 AM
CustomScoobyIOM
Scooby Regular

what I forgot to mention was that I had a superchip on the car before, and had that taken off at the time of the remap, that would result in the loss of power,
Quite possibly yes but the map would be running more boost, but safer boost....