Notices

Running prob's

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2004, 04:16 PM
Nutts
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running prob's

Hi people. Couple of probs with 97' WRX. When engine been standing for a few hours it's hesitating under gentle acceleration and when holding a constant speed but only until engine warms.Foot down a bit and it holds for a second then she's away no problem.Get the same hesitation when holding a constant speed on motorway when using climate control,everytime it kicks in feels like something holding car back.
Also recently fitted complete new maf but idle still dropping to around 200rpm usually when engine hot but has now started dropping so quick it stalls between downshifts.Real problem now so any suggestions would be appreiciated cos i cant find a competant mechanic in kent that knows his scooby's.
Old 26 June 2004, 04:47 PM
WRX-SHEFFIELD
Scooby Regular

Hi m8, I have 93 WRX which has started to do the same the last couple of days. It does it first thing when i start up or if engine has been stood for a while.But is fine when warmed up.It first did it a few weeks ago and then was ok until other day.
Old 26 June 2004, 05:08 PM
Nutts
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by WRX-SHEFFIELD
Hi m8, I have 93 WRX which has started to do the same the last couple of days. It does it first thing when i start up or if engine has been stood for a while.But is fine when warmed up.It first did it a few weeks ago and then was ok until other day.
Yeah, mine started very intermitant but has slowly got worse,you go for days with no problem then it will start arsing around totally randomly and you can garuantee it will be fine if you take it in t be looked at which is why i have not been able to sort it yet.Could be the maf but made no difference to mine.