My PUG 406 TD won't start

Search this Thread

Old 23 June 2004, 01:16 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question My PUG 406 TD won't start

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Finished work this morning around 2.30ish, went to start the car, put key in ignition, turned on, waited till the lights on the dash went out, then turned the key again to start............nothing, zip, bugger all then all the lights on the dashboard went out, radio went off,

Well, popped the bonnet, what good that was gonna do me i don't know, but i like to think that when u open the bonnet the problem will jump right out at you
Well nothing, tugged the leads to the battery... nothing, so shut the bonnet again, tried to start her again, nothing, no power,then as i opened the door to get out and the interior light came on, (cher ching) we have power so, inserted key yet again, all lights come on, radio starts to work...happy days she fires up and after about 2 / 3 minutes head off home, arrived home no problems,switched her off, krook lock applied hit the remote to lock her.....and she locked
So off to bed, well came to her not long back, and shock horror....she won't start the dash lights up, radio works, but have noticed a little red light next to the heated rear screen switch that has now started to light up every time i insert the key ? is this a immobiliser ? and is it a std feature on these.

Any one have ant thoughts cos im buggered so it means im gonna have to use the scooby for the next few days till its sorted oh what a shame, i know terrible isn't it
Pls feel free to contribute u thoughts cos i know jack **** when it comes to electrical promblems.....wiring a plug........a doddle, car elctrics not a chance