What next?

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2004, 09:17 PM
leeps
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What next?

Taking this opportunity tonight to ask all my questions :>

I was also wondering what could I do next in terms of modding and getting the best value for money ...

I got an my98

K&N airfilter
56ml freeflow
strutbrace
unichip
intercooler waterspray

What should I do next ?

Im thinking 3 inch exhaust and remap ? Seems the next logical step that was recommended by the tuners.... bigger turbo bigger intercooler ... but then when do i upgrade the injectors and fuel pump ?? upgraded brakes ? clutch? gearbox ? Whats the order?

How reliable will the car be when all of this is done ?
leeps
Old 11 June 2004, 10:09 PM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Upgrade the brakes now. Lots of options (Depends on your driving style and what you intend to use the car for)
If you haven't done the exhaust you could do that (3" is a good idea if you intend to fit a bigger turbo)

Keep your eyes on "For sale" for a FSE fuel reg and uprated fuel pump (you will need them in the future if you intend going further).

It's better to prepare now than find you spent a fortune on a new turbo and now need something else to run it properly.

No cheap options on a MY98 for a remap so you are looking at £300 minimum for a 2nd hand Link, plus mapping or a PE remap at about £700 Unless TEG get their ECU sorted.

I have found keeping an eye on the "For sale" froum invaluble, as long as you know where you are going and what you want
Happy modding.