Notices

JDM WRX MY94 Wagon - Remapping Options

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2004, 11:32 AM
SpideyMan
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM WRX MY94 Wagon - Remapping Options

I have an import MY94 WRX wagon. The only modifications are an Apexi Megaphone exhaust and a 'soon-to-be-fitted' green panel filter.

Although I run the car only on shell optimax I would like to have the car remapped to be more inline with UK fuelling and also to have the extra tuning benefots of a re-chip.

It appears as though my options range between a scoobyecu (Cheap but very difficult to get hold of and not suited to wagons) and a Link ECU (Over £1000).

What are the other options between these prices that other classic JDM Impreza owners would recommend.

My best option currently appears to be an Apexi Power FC with custom remap but I am open to other suggestions before I take the plunge.
Old 07 June 2004, 01:27 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Join the scoobecuwagon group buy. You can find it with "search".
Pavlo may be able to build something in the near future for us all.
Ive put a dawes on mine for the meantime and it makes a big difference. Gives it far better spool up and more low down grunt. Boost is up to 1 bar.
I want ecu though to finish the job

Andy
Old 07 June 2004, 03:07 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Modified ECU from Paul Blamire/Pavlo at some time in the near future. No further mapping required.
Apexi Power FC Retains the MAF at present. New available from Greenline in Japan. Some secondhand ones about. Andy F. can map it for you and indeed could probably supply the whole package.
Link 6 Row from BRD, dispenses with the MAF. Bob Rawle can map it.

With both the Apexi and Link, there is a remote hand held management unit option which allows you to make adjustments or at least read out various engine perameters.

If you knew what you were doing and had a knock link and AFR guage you could also consider a Superchip second hand. I just happen to have one for sale but not recommended unless you meet the criterion.

To ADD: I have just fitted a Link to my '95 Wagon. Cost should be nearer £700 plus mapping. 10 row Links for newer cars are more expensive.

Last edited by harvey; 07 June 2004 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07 June 2004, 03:08 PM
CustomScoobyIOM
Scooby Regular

Power FC supplied and mapped by Andy F for £700 you cant go wrong.

Pavlos custom mapping of the ECU is also good for less money
Old 07 June 2004, 06:08 PM
SpideyMan
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the replies guys. I have been in contact with Andy F about the Power FC for £700 and it certainly looks the prefered option considering that I would like my electronic boost controller fitted at the same time - Greddy Profec B Spec 2 with built in boost gauge (eBay impulse buy )

Although I may have been tempted with the scoobyecu from Pavlo given the price, I'm just a bit worried about availability and the Apexi Power FC would be easier to remap in the future.

Next question is, if I get a knocklink and AFR gauge fitted, would adjustment of the mapping on the Power FC be a job that I could possibly handle myself for future modifications. I dont mind the trip from Devon to Scotland to have the thing fitted and the initial mapping but I wouldnt fancy return trips to adjust mapping.