Notices

Wrx questions

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2004, 09:17 PM
jimmy c
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrx questions

Hi. Ive got a93 wrx. I havnt owned the car for long and its my first Subaru. Im looking to change the oil soon. What do you people use or recommend. Also what advice do you give for a bit more power. The car is standard apart from a backbox. Its a mild steel kamoto type but i plan on changing it for a stainless soon. I havnt got a fortune to spend but i could do with a bit more go as t doesnt seem as quick as my previous Calibra Turbo. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance
Old 24 May 2004, 09:39 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

Hi Jimmy, welcome to owning a top (perhaps expensive!) motor!

i've had a 93wrx for a year now and still am unsure of where and what to do when it comes to modyfying the old girl. There are so many different products you dont know which way to go, but i had some top advice from jap innovations, a guy called rich visit the site www.jap-innovations.co.uk and email him, he will sort you out! im getting parts for mine from him and soon will be paying a visit to have a blitz boost controller and hks fuel cut defender fitted .
Also have a good look through the searches by typing perhaps modifications or along those lines.

The usual starting points are spark plugs/coil packs/airfilter and exhaust system.
BUT if its one thing i have learnt is that everyone will reccomend that you get some monitoring gauges put in like a knock sensor and boost gauge are a must.
Im know wiz at these cars but i think that that is a good way for you to start.

but rich will point you in the right direction!

Tim

Oh yeh the oil, i use motul v300 fully synthetic oil (must be fully synthetic afaik)
Old 24 May 2004, 09:44 PM
chrisbridge
Scooby Regular

I changed the oil on my 93my wrx last week. i used millers 10w/60 from jap innovations.
chris.
Old 24 May 2004, 10:24 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

I use the Mobil 1 15/50 and genuine Subaru Oil filter. I think you will find that most people will say use a fully synthetic oil with at least a 10w rating or above and a genuine filter. I have always cranked the engine over for around 30 seconds after changing the oil to prime the system before starting her up. You will find the crank sensor on the front right of the cam cover when stood in front of the car. I disconnect this and then crank it over.

Hope this helps
Old 25 May 2004, 09:16 PM
jimmy c
Scooby Regular

Thanks ever so much for your advice guys