Notices

Still Got Rattle in 04 STi (Challange Rattle)

Search this Thread

Old 11 May 2004, 11:48 AM
hales
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Still Got Rattle in 04 STi (Challange Rattle)

Ok

Rattles again.
Since new ( 04 Sti UK ) PPP, I have had a rattle from the rear area . It sounded like something was hitting the rear shelf. So made sure all the cables and tubes to the Cooler spray bottle were tight. No good. It’s been to the dealer twice now, they have driven it with the spoler of etc, still no joy. Now they recon the rear window is not sitting correctly (what ). So its now going back to have a new rear screen and surround.

Please has anybody else had issues , if so tell me so I can inform the garage? Can’t believe it’s the window, and its driving me nuts
Old 11 May 2004, 04:25 PM
Sti_Lad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hales
Ok

Rattles again.
Since new ( 04 Sti UK ) PPP, I have had a rattle from the rear area . It sounded like something was hitting the rear shelf. So made sure all the cables and tubes to the Cooler spray bottle were tight. No good. It’s been to the dealer twice now, they have driven it with the spoler of etc, still no joy. Now they recon the rear window is not sitting correctly (what ). So its now going back to have a new rear screen and surround.

Please has anybody else had issues , if so tell me so I can inform the garage? Can’t believe it’s the window, and its driving me nuts
Ive had the same sort of rattle on my MY03 sti sometimes it feels like something isnt right as you get a funny feeling throught the drive, feels like a clicking.. kinda like what my quattro does when you lock the diffs and try to go round a corner but not as bad.... something isnt right tho.

Gonna have a moan on the next service as its due soon.... but will keep ya posted.
Old 11 May 2004, 04:59 PM
crusher
Scooby Regular

I have a knock from rear of 04 STI...sounds like the NSR suspension to me...same prob as earlier STI'S?.....
Old 11 May 2004, 08:58 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

yep the windows can make a rattle i.m know all about it
Old 11 May 2004, 09:59 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried adjusting the boot lock? If you can shut the boot by just pushing down on it, there is a chance it could "bounce" over some bumps! - mine did!
Worth a check. JohnD
Old 11 December 2004, 07:37 PM
ian smith
Scooby Newbie

Default rear rattle

i have had a suspension rattle on all of my sti,s over the years, it appears to be the rear damper units as the damper rods tend to stick.
The only thing i have done is to jack the car up and spray some wd40 under the suspension boot around the damper rod, this works a treat but its a bit of a pain as it only lasts abount a couple of months.
So i hear is that subaru uk are aware of this problem and they have been changing the suspension legs on the rear and the top mounts only to find that the knocking returns later on.
Old 11 December 2004, 11:12 PM
geoff wright
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

HELLO MATEY.

I HAVE A 54 PLATE STI TYPE UK AND WHEN I BROUGHT IT I HAD THE PPP SUSPENSION UPGRADE FITTED, JUST BEFORE THE 1000 MILE SERVICE IT DEVELOPED A RATTLE IN A SIMILAR POSTION . WHEN I RUNG UP TO FIND OUT HOW SERVICE WAS GOING AND HOW THAT FAULT WAS BEING SORTED THEY FOUND THE PROBLEM TO BE THE TWO TORSION BARS BEHIND REAR SEAT ALTHOUGH NOT LOOSE NOT TORQUED UP CORRECTLEY SORTED THE PROBLEM AND AWAY YOU GO, HOPE THIS HELPS